[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Lady T

Lady T

After the sad, sad news of Teena Marie. I have been going through her albums, and I have to be honest. I never really knew what a great body of work she had created. I had not played some of these in years.Big mistake. I am re-discovering some wonderful music that I had, sadly neglected. Its awful that it took her death to wake me up to this. Why is this? Why did it take the tragic death of this beutiful artist to re-awaken my antenna?....Paulo XXX

I understand what you're saying. I've always had Teena Marie albums in my collection but I didn't listen to them every day. I guess I took it for granted. Teena had an extensive body of music. I actually felt somewhat offended when some of the media outlets reported Teena's death and referred to her as the singer of "Lovergirl", like that was her only song. She had so many more hits than Lovergirl. I loved her ballads too. She made some of the most beautiful ballads I've ever heard. And her lyrics were deep! This is a great loss to the music world.

Thanks sonit

Think I understand now. Playing Portuguese Love at the moment....Paulo XXX

I guess I slept the expanded version of Wild and Peaceful, because it is sold out at Hip-O Select. I hope there is enough demand that they will press some more on CD.

YES, lets hope..Paulo xxxx

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post
    Thanks sonit

Think I understand now. Playing Portuguese Love at the moment....Paulo XXX

Please give a listen to - " Help Youngblood Get To The Freaky Party". Lady T was working that song.