[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Rip david gest

Rip david gest

In addition to the Michael Jackson and Lisa Minelli connections, Davis Gest promoted a series of soul shows in the UK and kept the flame alive. He established himself as a favourite with the public in the UK. A new soul show was scheduled shortly. Sad news.

take a look at the link for details

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-aged-62.html

Name:  331A0BF200000578-3536122-Gest_planned_to_tour_theatres_in_the_UK_later_this_year_after_ga-a-74_1.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  81.4 KB

Big outpouring by Brits for David. He was VERY well liked here.

RIP David.

Rest in peace David. You were a friend, professional, and well loved. You will be missed.

RAT Jr.

Very sad to hear. The man knew his SOUL

thomas96 Guest
    Wow, RIP. I had just sold him a record within the past couple years. Hard to believe.

We will really miss to david.
    Was really hoping to spend this time with you again.
    I know you willbe with us in spirit.
    Rest in peace.
    Ceasar
    the
    original
    tymes

Several newspapers are carrying the news that the soul tour will go ahead as planned in tribute to David Gest. " An example......
    'David Gest's planned music tour of the UK is set to go ahead despite his death.
    The reality TV star was working on a tour of British venues - called the David Gest Is Not Dead But Alive With Soul tour - when he was found dead in a London hotel room on Tuesday.
    Singers appearing in the show - who include Dina Carroll, Russell Thompkins of the Stylistics and Deneice Williams - have vowed to continue despite his passing."

I wonder if forum members in the USA are aware of just how popular and famous David Gest is in the UK. His death has received widespread coverage as he was so very popular and had established himself as a favourite personality with the British public in general. He was a TV celecbity and as a contestant in a major reality show was very well supported by the public due to his kindness, warmth and humour.

As for soul fans, arguably he was the person more responsible than any other in the last decade for keeping the soul flame alive and bringing so many great soul acts over to the UK to perform live on his model of the touring Motown Revue. I see Ceasor and Russell have posted their respects to David, and I am very hopeful that the tour does indeed go ahead. I am sure it will be well attended if promotion is maintained properly.

Russell of The Stylistics, The Tymes, Billy Paul, Peabo Bryson, Deniece Willaims, Melba Moore, Freda Payne, Rose Royce with Gwen Dickey, Anita Ward, Fern Kinney all on the same bill..... tremendous shows planned!
    Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 04-14-2016 at 01:02 PM.