[REMOVE ADS]

Jean Terrell with the "supreme" Mary Wilson : 1994

Does anyone know much about this event from 1994? Did it actually happen? If so, any idea of the song list? Did Jean and Mary perform together?

Name:  imagesCAGZR6QO.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  10.2 KB

Don't quote me, but I don't think this is suggesting that Jean did a show with Mary. If I'm not mistaken, this is the cover for a Legendary Ladies newsletter that a guy named Spooky used to be publish. I might even have this one. More than likely, there's a story or an interview with Jean included, as well as a story about Mary's Roxy engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Don't quote me, but I don't think this is suggesting that Jean did a show with Mary. If I'm not mistaken, this is the cover for a Legendary Ladies newsletter that a guy named Spooky used to be publish. I might even have this one. More than likely, there's a story or an interview with Jean included, as well as a story about Mary's Roxy engagement.
    I think you are correct reese. Jean and Mary were still not on speaking terms at this point. I don't think either diva would have shared a stage with the other. There was a lot of bad blood with both ladies blaming the other. They are much more cordial now but by no means friends.

I was attended both shows Mary performed at the Roxy. one was 87 and I think 88 or 89. Jean and Lynda both attended one of the shows because they walked in right ahead of me. Mary Wells was also in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I think you are correct reese. Jean and Mary were still not on speaking terms at this point. I don't think either diva would have shared a stage with the other. There was a lot of bad blood with both ladies blaming the other. They are much more cordial now but by no means friends.

That is not true whatsoever. Jean Terrell did a concert in 1983. Mary Wilson attended. Jean called Mary up on stage to join her in "Everybody Got the Right to Love". Jean also had Lynda Laurence to come onstage to sing with them. I have the show of VHS. Jean and Mary posed for pictures afterwards that were printed in Mary Wilson International Fan Club newsletter. They were all hugs and smiles. There is not bad blood between Mary Wilson and Jean Terrell. Jean was with Mary after son her died.
    Last edited by marv2; 04-11-2016 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    I was attended both shows Mary performed at the Roxy. one was 87 and I think 88 or 89. Jean and Lynda both attended one of the shows because they walked in right ahead of me. Mary Wells was also in attendance.
    Smokey Robinson and others from Motown attended Mary's show at the Roxy and gave her standing ovations.

Even later year saw Mary in concert and joined onstage by Scherrie Payne and Susaye Greene. So in 1983 you had 3 separate "Supremes Reunions" beginning with Mary with Diana Ross and Cindy Birdsong at Motown 25.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Thank you so much reese for the clarification; I didn't even think of it in those terms. It was just something I found on the internet and I thought to myself, "how come I never heard of this!?!" I feel so foolish, LOL.

Of course it makes perfect sense now; it's two separate articles or events. I just happened to read them as one. And then I wonder how rumors get started, LOL.

My best,

MB

The one in 1987 was the big one. She brought her son Rafael onstage to join her at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    The one in 1987 was the big one. She brought her son Rafael onstage to join her at one point.
    That would have been the second show at the Roxy 1987 or 88. I have them both on cassette tape somewhere. Rafael came on stage the second time she appeared there. There are pictures floating around with the two of them on stage. The first Roxy gig was 1986. Robyn Alexander and Karen Hagland backed her 86 Hagland and lady y the first name of Linda backed her on the second gig. Both shows were great.

That would have been the second show at the Roxy 1987 or 88. I have them both on cassette tape somewhere. Rafael came on stage the second time she appeared there. There are pictures floating around with the two of them on stage. The first Roxy gig was 1986. Robyn Alexander and Karen Hagland backed her 86 Hagland and lady y the first name of Linda backed her on the second gig. Both shows were great.
    Rod, those shows were in 1987. In 1988, Mary spent the majority of the year touring Canada in the stage play "Beehive".

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Rod, those shows were in 1987. In 1988, Mary spent the majority of the year touring Canada in the stage play "Beehive".
    Okay got the month and the year. the first Roxy gig was May 11th and 12th 1986. the second gig was August of 1987. BTW The Flos first Los Angeles performance was August 16, 1987 at the Wishire Ebell. I have Los Angeles tTimes interview prior to the 1st Roxy gig [[1986). Los Angeles Times review 1987 of the Roxy performance [[1987) and the advertisement for the Flos show.

Okay got the month and the year. the first Roxy gig was May 11th and 12th 1986. the second gig was August of 1987. BTW The Flos first Los Angeles performance was August 16, 1987 at the Wishire Ebell. I have Los Angeles tTimes interview prior to the 1st Roxy gig [[1986). Los Angeles Times review 1987 of the Roxy performance [[1987) and the advertisement for the Flos show.
    Great job Rod and thanks!