[REMOVE ADS]

Maxwell drops new single and talks about upcoming cd

Talking

I klove me some maxwell. Thanks for sharing glencro.

Fondly,

Roberta

It would be nice to get some new music from the elusive Maxwell. It must be the best part of 10 years since his last effort. That cd had been his first new album in many years and i remember feeling short changed that it contained only 9 songs and ran to little over 30 minutes. The man is a major talent and we need him to feed us new music on a more regular basis.

The first 2 singles from his last CD, "Bad Habits" and "Pretty Wings", have been in regular rotation on my MP3 player since 2009. Too bad he doesn't record with more frequency. But I can't complain since he gave us 9 songs of memorable, enduring music. Many artists who record much more frequently couldn't say the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    The first 2 singles from his last CD, "Bad Habits" and "Pretty Wings", have been in regular rotation on my MP3 player since 2009. Too bad he doesn't record with more frequency. But I can't complain since he gave us 9 songs of memorable, enduring music. Many artists who record much more frequently couldn't say the same.
    You are correct Guy. I know quality comes before quantity but this guy has so much to offer that i wish he could be a little more regular with his music.

There has been a whole generation between when Maxwell came out with his first set of albums ,which was cutting edge at a time when R&B was on the edge of being extinct. His new contract called for 3 albums when they almost pulled the plug on the TRUE R&B genre. Since then Black music has changed once again. Maxwell is an true artist ,genius in the classic R&B genre. A genre which today's market at least views as "old school". It is not a mass produced product and IMO would not be respected by the current demographics that the current market is targeted for. I don't mind waiting for his true interpretation of what he is known for ,and not geared for what is "in" or popular for what that form of R&B ,if you can call it that ,is known for at this time.

RossHolloway Guest
    I'm looking forward to this release.

The new album 'black SUMMERS' night' is scheduled for July 1st.

That was the last album!

His last one was 'BLACK summers' night'. The new one will be 'black SUMMERS' night'. That's eccentric Maxwell for you. If I remember correctly the intended third album of the originally planned trilogy will be the same title again but with NIGHT in upper case.