[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Midnight Johnny

Midnight Johnny

Are you on hiatus? Are you OK? Did I miss something? Really, I hope all is well and I do miss Tuesday's radio postings.

Lorne

He's still on. I just tune in on Tuesdays and see what he is playing. I'm not on facebook but I think he may post his information there as well.

He hasn't had a Motown themed show in several weeks but what he has played has been thoroughly enjoyable and a refreshing change. Last night was an eclectic mix but I only listened for about an hour - I was finishing a book.

The previous two weeks he played music from Philadelphia International Records and other Phillie styled music.

Next week is his annual tribute to Dusty Springfield. His tribute shows are excellent and he unearths some rare music and special treats.

Thanks johnjeb. I have been listening to his music on YouTube. Will have to catch Dusty.

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by drlorne View Post
    Thanks johnjeb. I have been listening to his music on YouTube. Will have to catch Dusty.
    Talking of Dusty i see she recorded a version of MJ Ben in early 70s would love to hear it,can you help out yet again Midnight Johnny always appreciated,cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by drlorne View Post
    Are you on hiatus? Are you OK? Did I miss something? Really, I hope all is well and I do miss Tuesday's radio postings.

Lorne
    Lorne....hey there! Thanks for your interest. I am fine...still around....still got the show [[as JohnJeb clarified). I have gotten a bit sloppy with my promos here for "Nightflight"...the interest in the show was becoming diminished...and I sort of went with it. But I will be better about notices for the show. Yes...doing the annual Dusty tribute this coming Tuesday...and will put up a notice. I am also on Facebook ...if your interested in connecting there...send me a message here at SDF. Again, Lorne...thanks so much for your interest!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    He's still on. I just tune in on Tuesdays and see what he is playing. I'm not on facebook but I think he may post his information there as well.

He hasn't had a Motown themed show in several weeks but what he has played has been thoroughly enjoyable and a refreshing change. Last night was an eclectic mix but I only listened for about an hour - I was finishing a book.

The previous two weeks he played music from Philadelphia International Records and other Phillie styled music.

Next week is his annual tribute to Dusty Springfield. His tribute shows are excellent and he unearths some rare music and special treats.
    John....thanks for your support...always very appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    Talking of Dusty i see she recorded a version of MJ Ben in early 70s would love to hear it,can you help out yet again Midnight Johnny always appreciated,cheers.
    honest man...hello! The information about "Ben" that I have is that she never recorded a vocal for the song...that anyone can find anyway. If you know more...or better...let me know here so I can get it on the air! Thanks!!!