[REMOVE ADS]

George michael & whitney houston

Don't know how I missed this video. I remember this song from her MY LOVE ISYOUR LOVE but never knew they recorded it together

It was a top 10 hit in the UK. Like this version. They compliment each other vocally.

The duet version is on WHITNEY: THE GREATEST HITS. To me, it sounds like George just added vocals to her original track.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    The duet version is on WHITNEY: THE GREATEST HITS. To me, it sounds like George just added vocals to her original track.
    That is exactly what it is Reese.

The funny thing is, when the duet version was released, I had no idea it was originally done by Whitney on her MY LOVE IS YOUR LOVE album. I have that cd, as well as all of her others, but I guess it didn't make a big impression on me as a solo recording.

I remember this. It was played in many NYC clubs at the time.

If Whitney Houston and George Michael had teamed up in their 80s heyday the reception would have been explosive. By the time this duet was released they were both at their commercial ebb in the U.S. so it was largely unnoticed here. Even with the commercial release of the video single, some people still don't know this pairing ever occurred.

Although it probably couldn't have happened any sooner. I do recall George Michael making comments in an interview back in the 80s that he was unimpressed by Whitney's talent and I've no doubt the feeling was mutual.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    If Whitney Houston and George Michael had teamed up in their 80s heyday the reception would have been explosive. By the time this duet was released they were both at their commercial ebb in the U.S. so it was largely unnoticed here. Even with the commercial release of the video single, some people still don't know this pairing ever occurred.

Although it probably couldn't have happened any sooner. I do recall George Michael making comments in an interview back in the 80s that he was unimpressed by Whitney's talent and I've no doubt the feeling was mutual.
    Guy - I never knew George had said that about Whitney! As far as I am concerned they were two exceptionally talented people. They must have kissed and made up to a certain extent. Both artists could be real divas but I thought this duet worked very well.