[REMOVE ADS]

Thelma Houston on iTunes

I noticed this morning that Thelma Houston's critically acclaimed, Jimmy Webb-produced RCA Breakwater Cat LP is now available on iTunes. Where the heck is Any Way You Like It, with her biggest career hit? I know that SoulMusic's expanded edition has been out on CD for some time now; what gives for mp3? Thoughts?

Not sure sansradio but i do know there are a couple more expanded editions of Thelma's Motown albums being prepared for release on cd. First one is due late summer so i am told but i don't know which album it is. The other is scheduled to follow early 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Not sure sansradio but i do know there are a couple more expanded editions of Thelma's Motown albums being prepared for release on cd. First one is due late summer so i am told but i don't know which album it is. The other is scheduled to follow early 2017.
    I am very happy to hear this. I have most of her albums in mp3 form but many are ripped from vinyl, which I would like to replace. Thelma is one of my favorite artists, and I wish her material had scored better n the charts. Still, she kept putting out music!

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    I am very happy to hear this. I have most of her albums in mp3 form but many are ripped from vinyl, which I would like to replace. Thelma is one of my favorite artists, and I wish her material had scored better n the charts. Still, she kept putting out music!
    A truly great singer for sure, and she can still sing.

Chronologically the next two albums that would be due for the expanded treatment would be "The Devil In Me" and 'Ready To Roll". The latter would be great to have on CD.

They don't always come out chronologically but i suspect these are the next pair for reissue,
    I will take anything by Thelma however.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    A truly great singer for sure, and she can still sing.
    That she is. Saw her live last summer and she completely knocked my socks off. I knew that she was good but she showed up and showed out.

Yes, people, she is criminally underrated as an all-time top-tier soul singer. One of the best, for my money. Thanks for responding, all. P.S.: Sunshower's not even available on iTunes either, for crying out loud!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Chronologically the next two albums that would be due for the expanded treatment would be "The Devil In Me" and 'Ready To Roll". The latter would be great to have on CD.
    I would be very happy if those were the expanded releases. My Ready To Roll mp3's are a not very good vinyl rip so I would be especially grateful to get that one in a clean format.

Bump: At long last, Any Way You Like It is now available on iTunes/Apple Music. About time, damnit!

Well sans Firstly, yay! Secondly, it isn't available in the UK store!! And I checked the US store and only the original LP is on there, not the expanded edition. Which leaves out all those great bonus tracks, including my fave "You've Been Doing Wrong For So Long"!!! iTunes certainly have!!!!!!!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 12-13-2018 at 09:06 PM.