[REMOVE ADS]

topdiva1 Guest

Pray for our queen of soul

Word has begone to move about that The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin may be in a very bad medical state at this very moment.

I am sure you join with me in prayer and hope, that these words are incorrect. Please pray my friends for our legendary Queen Of Soul.

My thoughts and prayers will be going out.

I heard little from someone at another board that she had returned to the hospital and some were saying the situation was indeed grave. Others trying to remain optimistic.

I'm gonna be with the latter and Aretha continues to be in my prayers. God bless you Queen Ree.

May God Bless and Keep Aretha, our Queen at this very trying time. I pray that she will be fine.

Marv

I am in Detroit right now and a friend just told me that Aretha is at home, alive and recovering. It appears that some out there mistook the sad news of Teena Marie's passing as being about Aretha. Some only heard " Queen of Soul" when it was reported that the "Ivory Queen of Soul" had passed.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I am in Detroit right now and a friend just told me that Aretha is at home, alive and recovering. It appears that some out there mistook the sad news of Teena Marie's passing as being about Aretha. Some only heard " Queen of Soul" when it was reported that the "Ivory Queen of Soul" had passed.
    I was just gonna post this. Apparently someone on Twitter made an error and said "RIP to the Queen of Soul" and then corrected him/herself and said "I meant the Ivory Queen of Soul". But before he/she could make that correction, someone already retweeted "RIP Queen of Soul" and that's how that blew up.

miss_lish Guest
    Oh dear! For a moment there, y'all had Miss Lish all in a twitter!

^ My heart beat heavily when I read the title and the supposed bad news that Aretha's medical state is grim. I don't wanna think of her being gone right now. Hoping she recovers...

no news is good news

^ Exactly!

A lil' off topic but I've been seeing this picture for a good minute and it's quoted as being Aretha but I don't know, I want confirmation on this picture supposedly of Lady Soul in her younger years:

It could be Aretha but I just wanted to make sure because not too many pictures from her very young years [[unless you count 1960-1961) have really emerged.

miss_lish Guest
    That is not Ree-Ree. I don't know who it is, but it is not Aretha. I see why there could be some confusion though. This woman almost looks bi-racial however.

^ Yeah I thought it wasn't... someone posted that picture on some site. She reminds me of Bettye LaVette actually...

No real idea; could it be Helen Shapiro?

^ Good possibility.

Anyway back to Aretha, I'm falling in love with this song at the moment:

I don't tweet and I'm glad I don't.

I know Aretha has been very ill lately. I am just hoping that her treatment was successful and her rest at home will fully restore her to her greatness.

I don't think it is Helen Shapiro.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    I don't tweet and I'm glad I don't.

I know Aretha has been very ill lately. I am just hoping that her treatment was successful and her rest at home will fully restore her to her greatness.
    Let us continue to send out much needed prayer and hope from all of us here on SDF to The Queen Of Soul.