[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: I Have A Dream

I Have A Dream

In 1963, the Liz Lands single "We Shall Overcome" was scheduled for release on the Divinity label [[99008) but was shelved and re-allocated to Gordy 7023 in 1968 with Dr Kings "I Have A Dream"on the flip side.
    However, on the Complete Motown Singles Collection vol 8 1968 the single is not included [[ the A side is on volume 3).
    Has the Dr King speech been overlooked on vol 8 or was it omitted for other reasons.

I think it was omitted because it is owned by the King estate. But I don't have the set in front of me to confirm. I believe it was mentioned in the set's notes.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I think it was omitted because it is owned by the King estate. But I don't have the set in front of me to confirm. I believe it was mentioned in the set's notes.
    I second that emotion. That is what I believe also and I have read this in other places, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I second that emotion. That is what I believe also and I have read this in other places, I think.
    Thanks for that, it is mentioned at the end of 'The Songs' section of volume 8. It is a pity it wasn't included as I would have loved to have heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Thanks for that, it is mentioned at the end of 'The Songs' section of volume 8. It is a pity it wasn't included as I would have loved to have heard it.
    I recently discovered that on 12/31/1986 Motown issued a CD by Rev. Martin Luther King [[catalog number Gordy GCD) 6220 GD) with the title His Great Speeches in Their Original and Complete Form. Does anyone have this CD and can they tell us what was included in it?

Here it is:

Name:  125662.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  32.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Here it is:

Name:  125662.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  32.5 KB
    Wow, this might be one of the only one of these in existence. I have never seen one for sale or listed before.

Carole - would you be kind enough to show a picture of the front of the CD? I would appreciate it very much. Thank you.

This is the front cover-

Name:  125661.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  32.2 KB

There must have been at least 2 copies pressed since I've got one as well.

I have one too!