[REMOVE ADS]

The ORIGINAL Vandellas have a new single!

Miss Nettie and Miss Roz join Detroit star Paul Miles on "Sweet Memories of Loving You"; check it out!

http://theoriginalvandellasfeatpaulmiles.bandcamp.com/

This is great news. thanks Mary.

Fantastic! They sound great. Do you know if Rochelle is singing with Roz and Nettie on this? I assume she is. I would still love to see Roz and Nettie team up with Martha for a gig, but I'm not sure how the relations are between them these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpmoves View Post
    Fantastic! They sound great. Do you know if Rochelle is singing with Roz and Nettie on this? I assume she is. I would still love to see Roz and Nettie team up with Martha for a gig, but I'm not sure how the relations are between them these days.
    To my ears, it sounds like just two voices, and the photo is just of Roz and Nettie, so I'm assuming Roschelle was not in on that session.
    I seriously doubt we'll ever see a reuniting of Martha with Roz and Nettie since she has not performed with them in at least fifteen years now, preferring to use Lois and Delphy as Vandellas instead. Some seriously bad blood must've gone down. I guess that's showbiz.

Only two Vandellas listed as Producers and pictured in the photo. My guess is just Roz & Nettie on the single.

Come and get these memories! This was probably taken about 10-15 years ago. I'm not sure what may or may not have happened, but I do wonder whether Martha's capacity and eagerness for travelling and performing in Europe may not be what Nettie and Roz want now. But it's a shame we don't get to see them performing together, though the "sister act" line-up is pretty awsome, and good to see.

On their website they say they reunite with Martha on occasion which I've never heard of. Awhile ago Martha said she sends them Xmas cards and never hears back. For me no one can do backgrounds like Roz and Annette!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpmoves View Post

Come and get these memories! This was probably taken about 10-15 years ago. I'm not sure what may or may not have happened, but I do wonder whether Martha's capacity and eagerness for travelling and performing in Europe may not be what Nettie and Roz want now. But it's a shame we don't get to see them performing together, though the "sister act" line-up is pretty awsome, and good to see.
    This photo looks more like the 80s or 90s. I saw Martha, Rosalind, and Annette many times during those years and always enjoyed the show. The shows with Lois and Delphine have been great as well, but I do miss seeing the original trio.

I don't think Annette and Roz's not working with Martha is due to overseas traveling but only they know for sure. From reading articles with them, it sounds as if Martha prefers working with her sisters and they really had no choice in the matter. Still wanting to perform, they started going out as the Original Vandellas, first with Pat Lewis, and then with Roschelle.
    Last edited by reese; 03-03-2016 at 03:54 PM.

There is a video on you tube of them with a previous lead singer who was actually quite good.

We will have to buy this new single. It will be the only way to hear it. I am very happy that they are recording again.

The Original Vandellas in action - a recent shot, I think. Nettie is amazing! So lovely and radient - ageless...
    Last edited by Sharpmoves; 03-04-2016 at 12:29 PM.

Sharpmoves, that is a great picture. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Sharpmoves, that is a great picture. Thank you.
    A very great pleasure Marv. There are more on The Original Vandellas Facebook page, added this week.

This is a nice track and great to hear the ladies

Well I think it would be nice if we support this recording.

I looked at article on the guy singing with them and it says " background vocals by Original Vandellas"