[REMOVE ADS]

Sheeri Taylor He's The One Who Rings My Bell..$355

Someone paid $355 on ebay for this and won after 27 bids.

Can anyone give me an insight as to what makes this special and why it commands such an eyewatering price? Sounds very average to these ears.... I do know her Motown connection with Sammy Ward but still.......
    Even the $13 postage is too much for me..... each to their own....

[[After my initial post, I see that someone on discogs paid $490 and $668 on popsike for this single!!!!)

You can get ONE HUNDRED Northern Soul Essentials including this track for £6.99 on iTunes...... I have a huge amount of vinyl product acquired over a lifetime but I thought their value had been decimated by the move to digitisation and streaming....

Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 03-02-2016 at 08:48 AM.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  21.1 KB
    I can't believe a Brit is surprised by such prices. Northern Soul is a rare record scene. This R&B rocker is quite good, and pretty scarce. It's quite danceable, as well. That puts it in the $400-700 range. ANY early '60s rare Detroit R&B/Soul record that is danceable is going to command prices in that range, especially one like this, which is a mid-tempo, which is highly desirable by members of The Belgian Shagging scene, as wel as the rare Detroit collectors. The only decent condition '60s Detroit Soul records that will sell under $150 or so, would be the really common ones.

Oh dear, hanging my head in shame . Displaying my abysmal ignorance both of the Northern soul scene and of the Belgian Shagging scene. Still can't see any thing of merit in that single personally, but I thank you for your comments anyway.

Even if I were filthy stinking rich as I'm guessing some folks might be, I can't for the life of me
    find any special merit in that track that would make me shell out even half of that coin for
    that particular tune...To each it's reach...