[REMOVE ADS]

Marvin Gaye - Chained

This is back again....it was blocked for a while

Thank you to Venus.

Always loved this, Thanks for posting again.

A lot of Marvin stuff was blocked but they unblocked it recently. Makes me a happier fan. Thanks for posting.

Universal probably got paid.

To me, this song represented a more mature, or world-weary sound from Marvin. It's also a lot more soulful. I still have the 45 I got when I was six years old, but back then, I favored the b-side "At Last [[I Found A Love For Me)".

Very cool gem from marvin.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Universal probably got paid.

To me, this song represented a more mature, or world-weary sound from Marvin. It's also a lot more soulful. I still have the 45 I got when I was six years old, but back then, I favored the b-side "At Last [[I Found A Love For Me)".
    Good point. YouTube is so rich now it can pay labels off... I remember they didn't wanna pay Warner Bros money for years after WB demanded its videos be taken down. Then suddenly they made a deal and a lot of songs posted from Warner were suddenly in abundance again. Universal usually just blocks the videos from being played until something happens.

One of my Top 5 Marvin favs

Along with "You" [[with Gladys Knight & Pips on backup), "Chained is one of Marvin's most overlooked singles. It was a much better production and performance than Paul Peterson's original [[which itself was excellent, considering it was sung by a TV personality with limited vocal skills). When Marvin's In the Groove album came out I played the hell out of this track. On the same album I saw that there was also a version of "I Heard It Through The Grapevine," which I wasn't so keen on, preferring Gladys/Pips' version, but thought it was okay. Little did I expect it would become one of Marvin's [[and Hitsville's) all-time biggest hits, and that the album would quickly be retitled and repackaged to reflect this. Thus, those other two singles from that album were far overshadowed by "Grapevine," which is kind of a shame because both were near perfect.

These songs bring back so many memories. Marvin was so popular we even tried to dress like him. LOL

"Chained" was pretty funky... and Marvin made it so...