[REMOVE ADS]

Are you Snowed in Yet

New Jersey/New York...oucccchhhhhh
    Attached Images Attached Images    

From my 60 degree, sunny day here in Monterey, I have to say it looks beautiful. After 33 years here, I still miss the seasons. Yes, even winter at times.

Well, it isn't raining at the moment. The foot of snow we got about 10 days ago here in central Washington has reduced itself to about 2 inches of mush.

Outside my apartment at noon.

The day after the storm.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

In most of BC, there has hardly been any snow this year. My back yard is half clear of snow. Vancouver, which rarely gets snow, has had only one fall of it this year.

This was supposed to be a very bad winter; it's been cool and it came early but there have been big warm spells and little snow. We'll see what the 2nd half holds.

Yea, La Nina has been a real bust so far, hasn't it?

I miss snow. I live in the sun belt.

LaNina seems to have happened on the East Coast but yes, on the West Coast, it's been a bust.

I don't understand....what's the problem? A little SNOW? Come on NY, you're bigger than that.

Luckily, I escaped to Michigan and then Ohio just in time! hehehehehehehe......

Not much snow in my backyard this year. Lucky since the temperature is worse than it has been for years.
    When unexpected snow falls in areas that are not used to that kind of weather I really appreciate people with video cameras.

I'm a little amazed at the video above from Spokane, WA's South Hill from a week or so ago. In theory those folks should 1) know how to drive in winter [[they got another 4" today) and 2) should know better than to try to go down that hill when it's slick.
    On the other hand, there's a 7 mile back on I-5 north of Seattle [[where it doesn't snow....much) where they got 5" this morning. I'm midway between the two where we got nothing.

I'm so sick of the snow it's not even funny. I've been blowing and shoveling all dang week at work here in New York and
    my knees, hands ,feet and back have been feeling it. My forty minute commute to work took 3 hours Monday and we've had
    people trapped in the subways for 6, even 8 hours. This shit might sound like fun to you guys out in the midwest but here
    in the metro area it's been a royal pain in the ass!....