[REMOVE ADS]

Scherrie Payne and Lynda Laurence Former Ladies Of The Supremes 30th Anniversary.

Scherrie Payne and Lynda Laurence Former Ladies Of The Supremes with Joyce Vincent Wilson,will celebrate they're 30th Anniversary,April 24th 2016. at The Catalina Jazz Club,6725 West Sunset Blvd,Hollywood Ca.90028,Congratulations ladies
    Last edited by REDHOT; 02-26-2016 at 05:32 PM.

Wow.....3o years! Time truly does fly! Best Wishes and Congratulations!

They're not listed yet as upcoming performers in April there

Tickets on sale now 30dollars from ticket web

Wish i could be there. You have got to love these ladies. They are so professional. Only wish Jean was still on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Wish i could be there. You have got to love these ladies. They are so professional. Only wish Jean was still on board.
    One would assume that Sundray and perhaps even Susaye might be in attendance, but I wonder about Jean or Freddi?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    One would assume that Sundray and perhaps even Susaye might be in attendance, but I wonder about Jean or Freddi?
    Jean doesn't do many public appearances but she could make an exception for this one. Fingers crossed.

Just booked to see this show as it falls on the last night of my holiday and I'm in LA hopefully I will be able to find the place if anybody off the forum is going say hi. I'd like to put a face to the name

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I wonder if Mary would show up? I know she supported them when they first came out [[in the 80's) because she was invited on the stage in Los Angeles with them for the finale to sing "That's What Friends Are For".

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    I wonder if Mary would show up? I know she supported them when they first came out [[in the 80's) because she was invited on the stage in Los Angeles with them for the finale to sing "That's What Friends Are For".
    Mary has a lot going on right now. I wonder if Diana Ross is going to show up. You know how much she loves Scherrie and Lynda and working with them.
    Last edited by marv2; 04-06-2016 at 12:03 AM.

http://www.catalinajazzclub.com

Go to "Calendar" tab at the top of the site and then it lists the FLOs for April 24

Here's a short promo about their upcoming show:

Just got back from tonight's Celebration of 30 years of Fomer Ladies of the Supremes and the Ladies put on an outstanding polished performance, all vocals were spot on and the the Band were tight. Lynda, Scherrie and Joyce Vincent performed all the Ross era hits [[ apart from love child) 2 covers Hold on I'm coming and how do you keep the music playing and Up the Ladder and Stoned Love, Joyce sung 2 Dawn hits Knock 3 times and Tie a yellow ribbon and Sherrie sung Gonna let my heart do the walking and was joined on stage by Susaye Green who sung along with the Ladies and held the crowd when they made a costume change. There was a lot of love in the room for the Ladies plus a few Motown Alumni, as well as Susaye Janie Bradford, Betty Kelly and Iris Gordy were in attendance. What a great night which was finished off with Scherrie's daughter presented each of the ladies a commemorative plaque.

Yes Dickiemint,Scherrie Payne and Lynda Laurence Former Ladies Of The Supremes with Joyce Vincent Wilson,put on a great show,last night,one of the highlights for me,as a Supremes fan,was when Susaye join The Ladies on Let My Heart Do The Walking,Susaye sounded great,they added The Happening,Back In MY Arms Again,and Someday,We'll Be Together,when they sang How Do You Keep The Music Playing,they got a standing ovation,The Show was sold out,a packed house,you could tell,everybody there,was loving The Ladies,Scherrie's sister Freda Payne was also there,Former Ladies Of The Supremes,should be proud,They're Anniversary show was incredible.they ended they're show with Happy,and another standing ovation,i loved it.
    Last edited by REDHOT; 04-25-2016 at 03:37 AM.

Red hot glad you enjoyed I was hoping to stay after the show to see if the Ladies came out and signed any photos, but managed to briefly speak to Ms. Greene and get an autograph, was there an after party ?? The venue was good too really enjoyed the meal too

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    Red hot glad you enjoyed I was hoping to stay after the show to see if the Ladies came out and signed any photos, but managed to briefly speak to Ms. Greene and get an autograph, was there an after party ?? The venue was good too really enjoyed the meal too
    I was there as well. I was sitting at the stage right under the support singer Pam Vincent and Clydene Jackson. Very good show. Scherrie Payne is AMAZING! Joyce is a great addition [[just need to remember all the lyrics to "Baby Love") . I was waiting for Susaye to sing the high note run for Let My Heart Do The Walking. She ended the song just as they did in the 70's with the "Bye Bye's". I as hoping for Bad Weather and Crumbs off the table. The majority of their set was from the 60's era.

I wish I could have been there. Sounds like an awesome night.

They also did Up The Ladder To The Roof,and Stoned Love,there was no after party,but Scherrie Lynda and Joyce came out,and talk and took pictures for a hour,or more,again it was a great show.

Name:  DSC00510.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  91.0 KB scherrie

Name:  DSC00487.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  83.8 KBName:  DSC00489.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  85.4 KB

Name:  DSC00493.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  85.0 KBName:  DSC00496.jpg
Views: 534