[REMOVE ADS]

Mary in new gay romantic comedy

http://greginhollywood.com/indiegogo...pansies-126754

In addition to the hot guys, there is some serious diva representation: Ronnie just told me that Emmy winner Jackee Harry of 227 and Sister, Sister fame has joined the cast as has Mary Wilson, one of the three original members of the all-time greatest girl group The Supremes.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    http://greginhollywood.com/indiegogo...pansies-126754

In addition to the hot guys, there is some serious diva representation: Ronnie just told me that Emmy winner Jackee Harry of 227 and Sister, Sister fame has joined the cast as has Mary Wilson, one of the three original members of the all-time greatest girl group The Supremes.
    I hope this comes to fruition; would be nice to see Mary on the screen. It appears this is a Kickstarter; the budget for the movie is $35,000.00 of which only $9000.00 has been raised.

Does anyone know what happened to the other movie Mary was to appear in, "The Golden Shoes" [[or something like that?)

Someone PLEASE give $26,000 more for this. I wanna see it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Someone PLEASE give $26,000 more for this. I wanna see it!!!
    Here is a link where you can contribute to the project. If you donate $ 350, you will not only be able to see it - if it is made - but you will also have a speaking line in it

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...y-rom-com--2#/

Sounds like another scam to me.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Here is a link where you can contribute to the project. If you donate $ 350, you will not only be able to see it - if it is made - but you will also have a speaking line in it

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...y-rom-com--2#/
    For real, wow... yeah, shouldn't take long to pitch in.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Sounds like another scam to me.
    You may be right.

$35,000? That's probably barely enough to make a commercial...something's fishy here...

Not something to be mixed up in

Well, Jackee mentions the movie at the bottom of this interview, so it can't be too much of a scam.

http://www.avclub.com/article/jackee...-be-nex-232860

Jackee as mary?????i hope she's dropped a few pounds,don't sound right.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    Well, Jackee mentions the movie at the bottom of this interview, so it can't be too much of a scam.

http://www.avclub.com/article/jackee...-be-nex-232860
    But, nowhere does she mention this alleged movie.

She does!

JH: I’m going to do a movie with Mary Wilson from the Supremes. We’re going to do a movie together. I forgot the name of it, to be honest with you. I’ll have to think of it after. It’s coming up, like, next month.

She does!

JH: I’m going to do a movie with Mary Wilson from the Supremes. We’re going to do a movie together. I forgot the name of it, to be honest with you. I’ll have to think of it after. It’s coming up, like, next month.
    Shes forgotten the name of it already. Theyve only raised 10,000 dollars of the $35,000 budget? I dont think this movies "coming up like next month" LOL

Perhaps this movie is of a similar calibre to "Fairy Tales" in which Dr. Martha Reeves appeared? I hope this will be released. I will be the first in line at the movie theater.

It's wise to be cautious with publicizing these things; heritage artists do the best they can; they don't have Taylor Swift style opportunities; some of these announcements make it seem like they have to beg for work.

She does!

No. She says she's going to do A movie. She she does not specifically name this one. It could still be a scam.

Was reminded this past weekend that Jackee & Mary have a little history together. Logo [[in the US) showed the episode of 227 in which Jackee claims 50% of a song written by Marla Gibbs. They end up in court where Mary Wilson appears, with backup, to sing the song for the judge [[played by Ted Ross). A fun episode.