[REMOVE ADS]

11 Years Ago Today [[12/26/99)

We lost a true giant in the music industry,and a important figure to Chicago soul music.

R.I.P.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeKkclgYL-g

Wow it sure is the anniversary of his death. Wow 11 years later... R.I.P.

I think I posted this a few months back, but it's worth mentioning again with the anniversary.

Earlier this year, the National Black Arts Festival in Atlanta had a tribute evening for Curtis that featured the Impressions, Eddie Levert and others. The day after the show [[which was pretty amazing), I posted some audio from the performances. It isn't the best quality, but when else are you going to be able to hear Levert sing [[and butcher) Freddie's Dead?

Earlier this evening, I re-posted it for the anniversary. If you haven't heard it before, enjoy. If you listened to it the first time around, come enjoy it again

RIP, Curt

http://spinningsoul.com/2010/12/ripcurtis/
    Last edited by spinningsoul; 12-26-2010 at 02:52 AM.

Curtis was one of the most talented and creative artists to ever grace the world's musical landscape. He just was all that
    and so many other musicians and singers loved and were touched by him and so many benefitted from working with him at
    various times during their careers. I still miss him, he was a beautiful cat to boot...