[REMOVE ADS]

Gospel Music At Swedish Royal Wedding???

I would not have believed this until I saw and heard it! Check this out. This is the wedding of Prince Carl Philip of Sweden June 2015. Beginning at 45:00 in this video of the wedding, they begin to sing "Joyful, Joyful Lord We Adore Thee" sounding like a Baptist Church on a Sunday morning! They even throw in a little bit of Janet Jackson's "What Have You've Done for Me Lately"! LOL! I was completely knocked out!

Marv - What connection with Sweden do you have, that had you watching this?
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  21.1 KB
    I am not surprised that American Gospel music was played in this wedding. The Royal couple is very young, and the Swedish popular media is filled wit music, films and other art from USA and many other cultures around The World. I work for Swedish Disney Publishing [[in addition to Dutch, Danish and German, and I spend time there each summer. Just about everyone in Sweden [[and the rest of Scandinavia and Finland speaks English [[probably better than a lot of Americans). They know a lot about American culture as well [[probably a lot more than I do [[at least about things that have been going on since 1970).

Although I work there, and live part-time in Denmark-just across the straits, I have no interest whatsoever in The Royal Family [[nor of The Royal families of Denmark or Norway, nor even of those of my own 2 countries, [[Canada and The Netherlands). I got bored to death after 30 seconds of this film, and fast forwarded to the Gospel song. I'ds have been more impressed if they'd played a Five Blind Boys of Alabama song. But we must remember that US Jazz and Blues has been big in Sweden since the 1920s. The Delta Rhythm Boys were big in Sweden in the late 1940s and 1950s. I bought "The Delta Rhythm Boys in Sweden" way back in 1955. So. this is no surprise to me. US Gospel played at a Scandinavian Royal wedding back in the 1950s WOULD have surprised me, however.

Maybe they are fans of SISTER ACT 2. That's where this arrangement comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Marv - What connection with Sweden do you have, that had you watching this?
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  21.1 KB
    I am not surprised that American Gospel music was played in this wedding. The Royal couple is very young, and the Swedish popular media is filled wit music, films and other art from USA and many other cultures around The World. I work for Swedish Disney Publishing [[in addition to Dutch, Danish and German, and I spend time there each summer. Just about everyone in Sweden [[and the rest of Scandinavia and Finland speaks English [[probably better than a lot of Americans). They know a lot about American culture as well [[probably a lot more than I do [[at least about things that have been going on since 1970).

Although I work there, and live part-time in Denmark-just across the straits, I have no interest whatsoever in The Royal Family [[nor of The Royal families of Denmark or Norway, nor even of those of my own 2 countries, [[Canada and The Netherlands). I got bored to death after 30 seconds of this film, and fast forwarded to the Gospel song. I'ds have been more impressed if they'd played a Five Blind Boys of Alabama song. But we must remember that US Jazz and Blues has been big in Sweden since the 1920s. The Delta Rhythm Boys were big in Sweden in the late 1940s and 1950s. I bought "The Delta Rhythm Boys in Sweden" way back in 1955. So. this is no surprise to me. US Gospel played at a Scandinavian Royal wedding back in the 1950s WOULD have surprised me, however.
    I have a friend that I use to work with that lives there. She worked for a while in NY and then moved back. I just surprised that they included the music that they did. I think it is great really.