[REMOVE ADS]

" i heard it through the grapevine" empress gladys knight & the pips & marvin gaye

This one of my favorite Motown memories. From 1983 when Gladys & Marvin did their own little "battle of the bands" singing "I Heard It Through the Grapevine"! The Pips were doing their thing as usual here in this memorable and fun clip:

Last edited by marv2; 01-29-2016 at 09:11 PM.

just great

edafan

I'm gonna make a gif set of this and post it on my Marvin blog on Tumblr... I got it saved lol

Love that they did this before Marvin died. Showing there was no beef as well lol

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I'm gonna make a gif set of this and post it on my Marvin blog on Tumblr... I got it saved lol

Love that they did this before Marvin died. Showing there was no beef as well lol
    All of them are long time friends. They use to all party together in Detroit at Bubba's house in the 60s. They all use to play cards together on the road. Notice how at ease and confident Gladys is. Marvin was having fun. All of them [[Gladys, Marvin, the Pips) are music legends!

I figured that. I just realized how often Marvin traveled with Motown colleagues. All of them had nothing but nice words to say about Marvin. Same with Gladys and the Pips, most Motown colleagues had nothing but nice words to say about them and yep, they are indeed legends.

This is magnificent. I hadn't seen it for years. Thank you Marv.

I never knew of this! Incredible. Thanks!

You are welcome!

never ever saw THIS!...wow

Lol. Love Marvin trying to be a Pip!