[REMOVE ADS]

Lisa fischer live in ann arbor, mi tomorrow january 27, 2016

I JUST found out about this concert and I just purchased my ticket but Lisa Fischer will be at the Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor tomorrow. Tickets start at $22. I got the $42 tickets.

It just dawned on me that I did not leave a review of her show. I guess I'm still on cloud nine from it. First off, let me start by saying WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! If she comes to your town, RUN don't walk. I drove 45 minutes to get to the show. As soon as I sat in my seat at 7:29 pm and took off my coat, the curtains opened and the magic began. Unfortunately I don't know all of the song titles but again WOW. She was on stage with a guitarist, bass player, drummer and two microphones. Not the glamorous Lisa of the 90's but she donned a short natural afro, a poncho, faded jeans and no shoes. It was what the older generation called "Flat footed SANGIN'". The first song was a spiritual and before that first song was over, my friend looked at me and said "It was already worth the drive". Her voice was in PERFECT PITCH and the notes rolled off effortlessly. It was a very organic performance with the guitarist switching from electric to acoustic and another stringed instrument which I'm not quite familiar with. I apologize that I don't know many of the song titles but she performed for over an hour spirituals, jazz standards, pop hits and soul standards. She did a great re-arrangement of a dance hit that she was featured on called "Into My Life". Her re-working turned it into an acoustic number. She teased the audience with a taste of "Superstar" of course we wanted more but she segued into "How Can I East The Pain". The same lyrics but she reworked the melody and it was SUPERB. She ended the song with "The Last Goodbye" which was an album cut on her solo debut but also my favorite song on it. Though my review is somewhat vague, she posses one of the greatest voices that I've ever heard.

Sounds like she put on a great show. Thanks for your review Glen.