[REMOVE ADS]

R kelly talks on aaliyah & much to my surprise being illiterate

Wow! What an interview!

His being repeatedly raped as a child says a lot! It also explains his schizoid attitude toward the Bill Cosby situation.

I'm not surprised that he is illiterate. Many famous people we/are. Michael Jackson was. How R.Kelly, and so many people i've personally known, are functionally illiterate, is always a mystery to me. How did they not get educated as kids? Kudos for R, Kelly for trying to read. He is an intelligent man.

I believe the version of events about his marriage to an underage Allayah after he [[allegedly) got her pregnant, and they [[allegedly) faked her ID and got married. I also believe he had an attraction to younger girls, and that it was him in that video. But, i've never seen the tape, either. Pissing? Gross!

It's interesting to know that he originally wanted to do pop music, but the label pushed him into R&B. Record companies are always doing that to Black artists. They did the same thing to Natalie Cole, too.

He lives in Trump Tower? Maybe that's something Trump's rivals can go after him on: R.Kelly lives in one of his buildings! Hah!
    Last edited by soulster; 01-23-2016 at 02:30 PM.

A guy who used to work for me swore that he and R Kelly were acquaintances when they grew up in Chicago. He said that his friends used to laugh at the guy who was talented but earned his chops locally by trying to sing just like Aaron Hall. It's hard for me to look past the video [[I believe it's him as well, even though I haven't seen it) but I give him his proper respect for being talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    A guy who used to work for me swore that he and R Kelly were acquaintances when they grew up in Chicago. He said that his friends used to laugh at the guy who was talented but earned his chops locally by trying to sing just like Aaron Hall. It's hard for me to look past the video [[I believe it's him as well, even though I haven't seen it) but I give him his proper respect for being talented.
    I grew up military. I think of tons of soldiers who messed around with the local teenage girls. Trust me when I tell you that a lot of it was overlooked by everyone. So, if it was good enough for our U.S. servicemen, it's good enough for R. Kelly. I'm being facetious here, but i'm dead serious about the military.

That's probably because a lot of girls [[and maybe a few parents) would rather get the child support or a marriage proposal from a military man than collect welfare. Servicemen are the golden ticket for chicks in a lot of base communities. They know that raising a stink will get the guy in trouble, so he's not likely to want to get his C.O.'s attention after ignoring advice to leave those girls alone.

That's probably because a lot of girls [[and maybe a few parents) would rather get the child support or a marriage proposal from a military man than collect welfare. Servicemen are the golden ticket for chicks in a lot of base communities. They know that raising a stink will get the guy in trouble, so he's not likely to want to get his C.O.'s attention after ignoring advice to leave those girls alone.
    No, that's not the way it was. It is simply that these guys enlisted right after high school and never fully developed emotionally. They stayed in that "high school" mentality. When they got off the base and with civilians, they hooked up with these teenage girls, some as young as maybe 14, did what comes naturally between two people, and the parents knew. They may not have always approved of it, but very few got reported. Not too many got pregnant. But, yes, the ones who did often went off with the baby-daddy.

It wasn't a planned thing, as you may imagine. Everyone hoped these girls would finish high school normally, and stay within their age and peer group. But, when these girls live in a sorry-ass town, what's to do but hang out all night partying, and drinking?

I see. I was thinking more about career military personnel rather than general enlisted men. You'd be surprised how much influence that uniform creates. Chicks dig it and it makes the guys more confident. My mom was initially attracted to my dad because of his uniform.

I see. I was thinking more about career military personnel rather than general enlisted men. You'd be surprised how much influence that uniform creates. Chicks dig it and it makes the guys more confident. My mom was initially attracted to my dad because of his uniform.
    All of this happened with enlistees and some Spc.. What made it harder for parents to report these guys to their COs is that they used nicknames, and avoided the parents, and their little girlfriends helped them do it. Sometimes their little girlfriends weren't even sure of their real names. But, this alone tells you that the soldiers knew this was wrong. What do they have to hide? That they are 25 years old?

I know all of this because my niece and her little friends were involved with these G.I.s, [[general infantry) as we called them back in the day. What made it worse in the 80s and early 90s was that the army was letting just about anyone in because they were so hard-up for soldiers, so, as a result, many of them were gang-affiliated.

One result of this is that civilians under 21 were eventually barred from drinking alcohol, and being allowed in clubs and bars on military installations in many locations.

A lot of these soldiers, and their little girlfriends, eventually went to prison on assault, drug, and murder convictions. Around here, there were quite a few Crips and Bloods in the army fighting each other. Lots of drug activity, too. Of course, the military tried to play all of this down to avoid attracting even more gang-bangers and drug dealers. Needless to say, a lot of white supremacists and neo-nazis joined because they could get warfare experience through the military.

Nowadays, teens hooking up with soldiers is less prevalent because these people are only here for maybe a month, and aren't allowed off the base. So, they tend to hook up with other soldiers.

What does all this have to do with R. Kelly? Just that grown men have been messing around with underage girls forever. It's nothing new or unique. I am one of those who say that the age of consent should be lowered to 16 across the board. It would just make life a bit easier for the legal system, but not for worried parents.
    Last edited by soulster; 01-25-2016 at 04:21 PM.

The account of R. Kelly being illiterate was already confirmed around the time he was still just charged with molesting girls and the tape. As for his other accounts, I can only say this: when there's smoke, there's water. I feel if the woman in the case [[then a girl when the incidents happened) had testified, Kellz would've been in serious trouble of being convicted.

The full GQ interview shows a man, unsurprisingly, of many contradictions. Oddly enough, like Marvin, he claims David Ritz got his story of his account of his mother's death wrong, unlike Marvin, they have more proof he told different stories all the time:
    http://www.gq.com/story/r-kelly-confessions

And, like Marvin, they both had sex with underage girls.

I wonder if R. Kelly is as mentally disturbed as Marvin seemed too?