[REMOVE ADS]

That damn C-word claims another music legend.

This time, Clarence "Blowfly" Reid to liver cancer. He was 76. Just as I was getting hip to him too. It's so eerie how many lives famous or otherwise, have been lost to cancer and it's only January.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8XFEa3FqqE

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    This time, Clarence "Blowfly" Reid to liver cancer. He was 76. Just as I was getting hip to him too. It's so eerie how many lives famous or otherwise, have been lost to cancer and it's only January.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8XFEa3FqqE
    There is an existing thread on this already. Apparently, almost no one around here cares.

http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread...hlight=Blowfly

I remember they use to keep his records behind the counter at record stores in Denver back in the day. Rest in peace Clarence.

My fifteen-year-old buddy introduced me to Blowfly records back in 1980. My mom knew I had his record around but didn't try to stop me from listening to it...without anyone else around, of course. "Girl let me c___ in..."

Wow....... I didn't know he passed........ R.I.P.

Blowfly was real vulgar lmao

Rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Blowfly was real vulgar lmao
    I'm used to being around people who talk like that from work. It doesn't bother me.

It bothered me when I was a teen. Blowfly was way too nasty to be funny to me. Dude made 2 Live Crew sound like they were performing a Disney soundtrack. It's sad to hear about his passing but I was not a fan at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    It bothered me when I was a teen. Blowfly was way too nasty to be funny to me. Dude made 2 Live Crew sound like they were performing a Disney soundtrack. It's sad to hear about his passing but I was not a fan at all.
    Hell, kids talked like that in high school, and this was way back in the 70s.