[REMOVE ADS]

Eagles Guitarist Glenn Frey Dies

Just read this...what a damn shame...

This is the seventh or eighth artist to pass in two weeks...

I am sure there have been others that we are just not aware of. I loved Glenn Frey and the Eagles music, especially in the 70's through the early 80's. This is a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I am sure there have been others that we are just not aware of. I loved Glenn Frey and the Eagles music, especially in the 70's through the early 80's. This is a bummer.
    I agree

edafan

This was terrible news to hear. This officially marks the end of an era; the Eagles have more fans with each decade and Glenn Frey is a huge piece of the band's appeal. The Eagles are arguably the greatest rock band ever, certainly one of the two out three most influential groups from the seventies. His collaboration with Don Henley rivals the work of Lennon/McCartney for me. I highly recommend any NetFlix users to watch "History of the Eagles".

I was shocked too. I didn't know he was sick. I heard it on the radio a couple hours ago. The station suddenly stopped for "Breaking News". I thought it was gonna be some political news or something, but they announced this about Glenn. I remember hearing the Eagles stuff on the radio during my college undergraduate years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I highly recommend any NetFlix users to watch "History of the Eagles".
    But, not right now. And, when you do watch it, you'll understand why now is not the time to be promotin' that doc.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    But, not right now. And, when you do watch it, you'll understand why now is not the time to be promotin' that doc.
    Can you please expound? Privately if necessary.

Glenn was a Detroit/Michigan native... a native boy did good, REAL good. He will be missed.

When I was at Motown, Glen was a young singer/writer that would call me constantly trying to get something started. He came up to my office once and played me a few songs. In all honesty, I don't remember why I didn't like them or thought that they wouldn't work at Motown. I finally advised him to go to California and get in a band. I guess my advice worked.. I am so sorry to hear of his passing.

It's cool that he wanted to be with Motown.

Being that he was a Detroit native, I'm not surprised he wanted to join Hitsville.

Glenn Frey details Detroit days in Free Press interview

http://www.freep.com/story/entertain...view/78987916/