[REMOVE ADS]

The foundations...any info???

Anyone have any info on The Foundations. I know that they were from the UK and were a multi-racial band. I believe that "Build Me Up" was probably their biggest hit. Would like some background info on the group. I wonder how was their experience in the US during such a racially charged era

I remember that they were on the radio all the time it seemed in Detroit, Toledo and Windsor, Canada during 1968-70 it seems with one song or another.

British group formed by Clem Curtis [[born in Trinidad on 28 November 1940, vocals), Eric Allandale [[born in Dominica, West Indies on 4 March 1936, trombone), Pat Burke [[born in Jamaica on 9 October 1937, flute), Mike Elliott [[born in Jamaica on 6 August 1929, tenor saxophone), Tony Gomez [[born in Colombo, Sri Lanka on 13 December 1948, organ), Tim ‘Sticks’ Harris [[born in London on 14 January 1948, drums), Peter Macbeth [[born in London on 2 February 1943, bass) and Alan Warner [[born in London on 21 April 1941, lead guitar). Curtis left in 1968 for a solo career and was replaced by Colin Young [[born in Barbados on 12 September 1944). The group disbanded in 1970. Allendale died on 23 August 2001. Macbeth was sent to prison for six years in 2008 for a series of child sex attacks.

Build me up buttercup was probably their most famous hit, despite getting to no.2 in the UK, Baby now that I found you however, was a UK No.1