[REMOVE ADS]

David Bowie - Just heard the news !!

Pretty surprised myself. Wow.

Wow, the year is just getting started and we are losing so many major players . Rest in peace and thank you for a great body of music that will live on forever.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Wow, the year is just getting started and we are losing so many major players . Rest in peace and thank you for a great body of music that will live on forever.
    I agree! We are losing them so rapidly. I saw David Bowie's Space Oddity Tour at the Jai Alai Fronton near Orlando, Florida in the 1970s. He made some major style changes and still continued to make great records.

It is a bit strange and a huge shock. Just a couple days ago I read he was planning a comeback with a new release. RIP David and thanks for all the great music memories.

He released "BlackStar" on Friday on his 69th birthday. Came as a shock when I found out this morning. I never even knew he was ill

A great performer and actor and singer. You will be missed David Bowie. Im going to play the Young Americans album today in your owner as you rejoice being in Gods Heavenly Mansion.

Roberta

Rest in peace, David... thank you for the memories.

Bad year already; shouldn't 'someone' put this on the Motown Forum so it gets wider view?

Wow , this year is off to a terrible start. R.I.P. David Bowie.

Wow! He was good about keeping this quiet. I haven't been keeping up with new music lately so I was completely unaware that he released a new album last week. I liked "The Next Day", so I may like the new one.

R.I.P, Ziggy...I mean Thin White Duke...I mean David.

Quote Originally Posted by alexstassi View Post
    He released "BlackStar" on Friday on his 69th birthday. Came as a shock when I found out this morning. I never even knew he was ill
    He kept it very quiet. He knew he was terminally ill but chose not to make it public. he said his goodbyes to close friends recently. This is the way he wanted to go, even though he did not want to go quite yet.
    He was a thoroughly decent man and i want to thank him for the music and the memories which will last forever. R.I.P. David Jones.

This is horrible news. I remember my big sister playing "Fame" on her little record player and liking it a lot. Then, he popped up on Soul Train - one of the first white artists I recall on the show - and I was like "WTF...?" Dude was his own artist. He made music that could not be categorized and seemed to be very comfortable shifting his brand, his look, and his music constantly. There seemed to be no front to the man at all. The bane of most artists is they don't know how or when to change and David Bowie is an artist who absolutely embraced it. What a loss.

I got a phone call this morning in the middle of my night at 7:50am from a friend who told me that David Bowie had died. I have been in shock ever since and hadn’t felt up to posting.

As far as I’m concerned David was the best male singer/songwriter that ever lived. There was David and then there were the rest. His final four albums, ‘Heathen’, ‘Reality’, ‘The Next Day’ & ‘Blackstar’ were the best of his career. In each he takes us beyond our comfort zone and now that he has gone ‘Blackstar’ has suddenly got a whole new meaning. David was actually telling us in his own quiet way that this would be his parting gift as he was dying. The final song on his final album is called ‘I Can’t Give Everything Away’. On Friday I didn’t know the meaning of the lyrics but sadly I do now.

I know something is very wrong
    The pulse returns the prodigal sons
    The blackout hearts, the flowered news
    With skull designs upon my shoes

His final video for the song ‘Lazarus’ was David telling us what was about to happen. Bowie was a genius of the like I will never see again. He was still writing up to the very end as he fought for his life with every breath. Cancer is a filthy disease!

RIP David

The last picture taken of David Bowie. R.I.P.

Attachment 10979