[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I'm not keen on the change- this 'style' seems to be the default for so many forums[[fora?) and lacks the distinction of the old place, plus I had to re-register for various reasons. I'm here now - will see how it goes!

yes, I would agree with Clive, this new layout is very simlar to a couple of other UK based soul forums!

morph

I liked the black backround very much, but will get used to this new layout quickly.
    Thanks to Lowell & Ralph for giving me the key to the house.
    This is the only place in the virtual world that i like to visit.
    [/SIZE]

I'm BACK! Could not access with my old phone. [[PC retired @ GM when I did)
    I now access via Verizon LG Env Touch.
    Stay tuned and thnx for the upgrade.
    Dew

Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but can someone explain to me the meaning of the colour coded envelopes [[red, blue & grey) on the threads?

Also, on the old forum, I could tell at a glance from the threads titles which ones I'd read [[they became shaded dark) from the ones I didn't read [[they stayed blue) - If a title became blue again I knew someone had posted to it - is there anything similar in place on the new forum, which i've missed?

If you scroll to the bottom of the thread list you will find this which will answer your question.
    Name:  sdf-threadicons.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  22.4 KB

Because this forum is database driven it personalizes the thread list for you.

But I liked the old black background with light letters...

Soon come...

The new forum software allows us to create different 'skins'.

Right now we do not have time to make any as our hands are overflowing with support issues of password recovery and getting all the members back. However someday we will make a classic 'old school' skin to mimic the old forum look.

You are able to chose a skin of you liking by using the Quick Style Chooser that is at the bottom of every page. We have a few trial ones there just to give you the feel of what is possible.
    Name:  sdf-styles.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  13.4 KB

thanks Lowell - I hadn't noticed those.

One more question - on the old forum, I was automatically logged in each time I entered it - now i'm having to manually log in each time, even if I don't log out before closing the webpage. Is there a facility to stay logged in? thanks.

Thumbs up

Lovin' it!!!

I like it. A lot of people don't like change. It is faster.

I had no problem logging in on my cousin's computer on Wednesday, but took a few attempts on my sister's computer today.

Quote Originally Posted by underdog View Post
    thanks Lowell - I hadn't noticed those.

One more question - on the old forum, I was automatically logged in each time I entered it - now i'm having to manually log in each time, even if I don't log out before closing the webpage. Is there a facility to stay logged in? thanks.
    What browser are you using, and how do you, or it, handle cookies?

Underdog,
    If you check the "remember me" box, when logging in, you will always be ready to go.

I remember on the old forum, it seemed like you could go all day without anyone online, or posting. Now, if you look at the stats, it seems that there's always someone in here, and way more activity. That could also be because this is a new place, but I think it's because this place is easier to get around in, and has more to offer.

BTW, people, the mods have a LOT of tools! Watch out!

i think i got it, FINALLY!

I thought I had posted my preference for the old format, but I don't see it.
    Also, now you need to remember that at the bottom of the page, it tells you if there are more pages.

Tom-Would it help to start keeping a beehive? LOL

Meanwhile you could always tell us a bit more about this which I am eagerly waiting for

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philly-Re-Gr.../dp/B003VW3CM2

BTW, loved GG's "Experience" CD. EXCELLENT. "Never Can Say Goodbye" next and I know I got them out of order but that album was just too good.

I'd LOVE for you to do something on First Choice if it ever becomes a possibility...notably "The Player" album.

I don't know......there are some nice things [[like the quick reply) and the "friends" [[which I have no idea how to do it). I still feel like I need some of Jai's hooch & sit in remediation to figure this whole thing out.

I'm telling you, you've just gotta love the features that Lowell has added to SDF.

A forum such as this deserves to be as modern as every other forum out there is & Lowell has sure pulled out all of the stops here! The horespower under this hood allows us to do things that we may have dreamed of, but simply weren't able to do due to the restrictions of the "old" forum. Just uploading pictures alone is a huge leap forward. Previously, I had to go through all sorts of steps to post pictures & getting decent quality pictures here, due to the 50 kb limitation. Now, all I have to do is batch resize the pictures ONCE & they're ready to go.

That alone saves me a whole lot of time & I sure appreciate that!

I've been busy & haven't had a chance to really jump in here. But, from what I've checked out so far, I have absolutely ZERO complaints about this new set-up. And as Dyva said, once Lowell, Lobo & Ralph have the opportunity to catch their collective breaths [[I know it's been no picnic trying to get everyone straightened out here), once they hook up that "old school" skin, it's going to be great. We'll feel like we've been given a brand new pair of PF Flyers & we'll be able to "run faster & jump higher" around here.

Signed,

Juice...loving the possibilities of this brand spanking new forum

new DS forum is ok

These are great changes. I think the improvements will outweigh the old look with a little more time. I meant to say SD in title
    Last edited by dplain; 08-08-2010 at 06:44 PM.

That's right, Juice! All everyone has to do is nose around at the features. This modern software is foreign to a lot of the membership, so that's why Lowell provided the sandbox. The ability to upload images and create graphic polls is worth it. We can report offensive or abusive posts, quote, add videos, adjust fonts and colors, and when Lowell gets around to it, add personal avatars from either websites or our hard drives. We can personalize everything. And, if someone really bugs the piss out of you, add them to your ignore list, and you'll never have to see their posts again. I still wish it was like the old Sound Forge forum where you could 100% wipe out the existence of anyone totally and completely. Even quotes by that member are erased. You don't see their name anywhere!

I like it. Much,Much faster......

Me no good with technology!

I dont know what Im doing with this new fangle technology.I hope I get the hang of this my life wouldnt be the same without SDF...Im getting old...I dont want to lose my friends on here...

Nomis:

Trust me, once you get the hang & feel of the new setup, you'll be wondering how we ever did without it

Thanks Juice Im getting to grips with it,Thanks for replying,I needed that brother.

Nomis:

Anytime at all brother, I know how you feel. One of my traits has long been hating change. I like the comfort of the expected. But with this, give yourself a month of getting used to this & you may just find yourself doing things here that you'd never thought of before.

This is a wonderful thing & once that old school skin becomes available, look out