[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up So, How's Everyone Liking This New SD Forum So Far?

What do you think of this new forum? Your thoughts...

pshark Guest
    Its about time. The old forum was outdated.

The old forum was ancient and achingly slow. This place rocks...uh...grooves!

woof! woof! I have to get used to this. Its not as easy posting.

Thus far, I'm loving it!

When you push the enter button to post, it's amazingly fast, with no delay!

Smoooooooth!

This is a lot faster. I hope we can get avatars that go under our names on every post. Then, I won't have to keep uploading my picture.

By rob_k at 2010-08-03

All the mods have to do is turn on the feature.

So far so good.

I like the simplicity of the quick reply function.

Hi this is Kev-Lo
    I have get use to it, but it looks good

Mixed emotions...I supposed I'll get the hang of it sooner than later. Dont like the color choices. I like the darker forum.

I can't change my password even after clicking "My Profile". Help.

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    I can't change my password even after clicking "My Profile". Help.
    Go to where it says "Forum Actions" to the left of the screen, and hit "General Settings". Then go to "My Settings"/"My Account" on the left pane. There, you can change your password and email.

Hope this helps!

Absolutely, 100 percent hate it with every fiber of my body -- seriously.

Tim that was funny as hell and I'm feelin you, this is quite strange......

Hi this is Kev-Lo

Hi soulster can you chance your user name

My eyes have to adjust to the whiteness after having been in the blackness for so long..LOL!!!
    But it's fast and I'll get use to it!

So far I'm liking the SDF Orange skin choice [[over the white-blindness). Will there be more choices as time goes on?

TRUST ME, you don't want to think about trying the SDF Red2... help me I'm drowning in bubbalicious!!

I have used this type of posting forum for other entertainers-it is easy to use.

Change is hard for old people!

I'm in the "it's OK" group.

What surprises me is that the number of guests is far greater than the number of members online; LOL. They WATCH!

That, I like.

But Rob, you're not old.........

It's a user friendlier forum! I'm just missing the posts from July 27 until today?

Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxx View Post
    It's a user friendlier forum! I'm just missing the posts from July 27 until today?
    Are any of the old threads being transferred here?

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Change is hard for old people!

I'm in the "it's OK" group.

What surprises me is that the number of guests is far greater than the number of members online; LOL. They WATCH!

That, I like.
    I think I've got a few years on you, Rob. And I don't remember anyone more old fashioned [[or living in the past) more than me.

But, I have to say that this new format is GREAT! It's super fast, and I don't lose any hourlong typing posts due to forgetting to hit post the 2nd time [[automatically going to Preview first). That was maddening. Also, I can once again upload record label scans, especially as the 50 kb limit for photos has been removed. HOORAY!!!

As Maxine Brown once said "You brought me out of the light" -"It's gonna be alright". I love not having the really dark background. On the other hand, this is a little TOO light. Maybe Lowell will make a couple more background choices. But, first, I know he has to do a lot of work to help the old members transfer over, successfully.

Also, turning on the avatar feature would be nice. Also, I'm down to averaging 5,619 posts per day today, down from 8,631 as of yesterday. Time to take it easy for a while. No one could keep up this pace.

By rob_k at 2010-08-03
    Last edited by robb_k; 08-04-2010 at 02:53 PM.

...and mods ...when you get round to adding avatars ...can we also have 'signatures' too?

...thanks

I don't like it i hate change the old forum was comfy and warm this place is cold and damp and the paint aint dry yet...why did we move here was the lease up on the old place....raaaaalph!!!

Something,something just ain't right. My computer/server does not like the new software.

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    I don't like it i hate change the old forum was comfy and warm this place is cold and damp and the paint aint dry yet...why did we move here was the lease up on the old place....raaaaalph!!!
    Yes, this system seems a little less personal. But let's give it a chance. The old software was not really capable of carrying the load of all the threads and memory needed to navigate through them and keep all the data [[including SDF Archives). If we wanted to continue to keep everything and add to it, we had to move to software with a bigger capacity and more power to navigate through it. I'm guessing that we probably were just about at the limit, so Lowell and Ralph decided to convert over, before anything would be lost from an overcapacity [[before shutdowns from malfunction would occur).

By rob_k at 2010-08-03

Yes Robb & remember how we lost a wealth of information a few years back when the old server crashed. We lost a lot of great threads back then & I'd never want anything like that to happen again!

Be cool. The paint will dry and it will be warm and cozy for you soon.

I am here, but where did all of our great threads from the old place go?

I hope so, I'm lost like a mofo........this is too funny..........

Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    Yes Robb & remember how we lost a wealth of information a few years back when the old server crashed. We lost a lot of great threads back then & I'd never want anything like that to happen again!
    Amen, Brother!

We lost some fantastic threads with firsthand stories about what happened back in the day from people who are no longer with us, we lost lots of information about record companies and old groups and single artists that had hundreds of label scans, etc. We can NEVER get that stuff back. Unfortunately, we've got to move with the times.

I'm just about the most old-fashioned person I know. And I have a terrible time trying to grasp the techniques of new technology [[we didn't even have TV, let alone computers) when I was growing up! I didn't even get a computer until 1998! I think I am the only person in The Western World that's never had a cellphone! Yet, I realise that this move HAD to be made. Lowell and Ralph are working out the kinks. They will try hard to make this a "cozy" forum. Let's give them a chance.

By rob_k at 2010-08-03

Bring back the dark forum. Cant see nothing.

I'm having a bitch of a problem. I can't control my mouse. I may not be back.

douglasm here....

So far, I like it. There's an e-z link to the old forum [[a mistake the DetroitYes changeover made was hiding the link) and this thing posts quickly, where as the old forum was near as slow as I walk. It'll just take some getting used to.

I love it. So bright & clear. Most other forums that I post on are now like this.

Ralph, can you please ask Lowell if he can offer us a black background [[skin) as well? The red and orange ones are also hard on the eyes. And, I hope he can also activate the avatar and signature features. Of course, I know we should first give him time to adress the problems of transferring the old members over.

Thanks for all the hard work!

By rob_k at 2010-08-03

Getting use to it.

It's kind of strange after the old forum but I'll get used to it. Gotta move with the times even at my advanced age!

Robb,
    Yeah, let's let the dust settle first before any fine tweaking occurs.

Ms Flo

Hey Ralph. This site is "sweet." Smooth and fast. It's gonna get even better down the line.

Hey...I got a little twisted when I had to switch from 8-track to cassette...then from cassette to CD, but I had to handle newer technology or be prepared to ride with NO music. Change can be difficult....but we usually learn to embrace it.

Trust me, now that we have a nice new shiny forum, we will get more members.

it'll take me a while to get used to this...

I like it. It's modern like the other message boards that I visit. I don't like the fact that the topics on the old forum could not be transferred to the new forum.

Quote Originally Posted by sonit View Post
    I like it. It's modern like the other message boards that I visit. I don't like the fact that the topics on the old forum could not be transferred to the new forum.
    Well, consider it a new start. Everyone gets a new lease. Everyone is cordial to each other, sidestepping the past. It could work...

I suppose if we really wanted to revive an old thread, each participating member could, in turn, copy and paste their posts until a thread is reconstructed. All parties would have to cooperate, of course. But, that would be too convoluted.

Everyone settling in now & feeling more "at home" with our new message board?

I'm finally in the door...I guess I'll get used to it!!

Unhappy

I miss the yellow & black