[REMOVE ADS]

Natalie cole's "inseparable"

Happy new year's everyone! Wishing everyone a blessed and prosperous 2016.

Natalie Cole is one of my all time favorite singers and her passing shocked me. I was only 4 when "This Will Be" came out and when I heard it played constantly on NYC's WBLS, I was a Natalie fan for life.

Below is an article I wrote last summer spotlighting Ms. Cole's first solo album "Inseparable." This is one of my all time favorite albums. I remember my teenage uncle playing this in his bedroom as my older brother and I listened. Natalie's music is timeless and will outlast the music of some of these current so-called divas. Rest in peace Natalie!

http://soultrain.com/2015/08/03/clas...s-inseparable/

Perhaps her greatest tune,just beautiful and sincere,one of my musical regrets is that i never saw natalie perform in person but i have many of her albums and will always be in awe of her talent and the wonderful music legacy she left us all.

Quote Originally Posted by funkyone71 View Post
    Natalie Cole is one of my all time favorite singers and her passing shocked me. I was only 4 when "This Will Be" came out and when I heard it played constantly on NYC's WBLS, I was a Natalie fan for life.
    When "This Will Be" came out when I was 12 years old, I thought she was gonna be a jazz artist. I don't really remember where I first heard it, but it was likely on Soul Train, where I heard most R&B that didn't hit the pop chart in 1975. I bought the 45, and probably played "Joey" more than the hit side. Years later, I was surprised to know that "Joey" is a really popular album cut. I didn't hear much of the song "Inseparable", the second single off that album, though. What solidified me as a fan is when I went to Texas to visit my sister and her family the next summer, and she had just bought the second album "Natalie". I didn't much care for "Sophisticated Lady", the then current single, but liked "Can We Get Together Again", another track that radio played a lot of. Black radio didn't play "Mr. Melody", the second single, but was surprised to find that it became a pop hit later that summer, probably because of its similarity to the style of "This Will Be". However, I don't think people much cared about her being the daughter of Nat King Cole at that point. She had made her own name.

I loved "I've Got Love On My Mind", and it is my favorite single by her. I played the hell out of it in the spring of 1977.

Looking at her discography on Wiki, it seems I am missing a lot of her albums after 1980. I didn't much care for the album she did with Peabo Bryson at the time, but i'll have to revisit it again.