[REMOVE ADS]

The Temptations feat. Glenn Leonard | My Girl - Würzburg 2016

Thoughts anyone?

Nice clip, Marv.

It would be tough, if impossible, for any group performing as 'The Temptations' to match the original line-up.

A little more projection from all the group members here would help, but it sounds good to me.

Is that Glenn Leonard on the far left? If so, who is the lead singer?

I agree WestGB. Nothing can compare to the original group. Yes that is Glenn on the far left. They performed near me on Long Island a few years ago, but I didn't catch the show. I believe they perform mostly in Europe.

So this isn't Otis' Temptations. Don't they have to bill themselves as does Dennis? Revue or tribute?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    So this isn't Otis' Temptations. Don't they have to bill themselves as does Dennis? Revue or tribute?
    I believe he does use the words "tribute" or "revue" when playing gigs in the States. Elsewhere, he calls his group "The Temptations featuring Glenn Carl Leonard".

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  21.1 KB
    What connections [[if any) to Motown's Temptations do these guys have?
    I was in Würzburg earlier this year. They sound no more like The Temptations than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    I was in Würzburg earlier this year. They sound no more like The Temptations than anyone else.
    I think the only connection is through Glenn Leonard, who recorded as an actual Motown Temptation from 1975 to 1983.

He is the high voice on this delightfully funky number from 1980...

Last edited by TomatoTom123; 10-03-2016 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Robb, Glenn Carl Leonard formerly of the Temptations is best known for his lead on the Temptations 1980 version of "Silent Night".

They look tired and old,glenn should've just tried for a solo career.

Richard's group was a bit more lively and of course Dennis' Temptations Revue is the best of what I call "The Offshoots".

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Richard's group was a bit more lively and of course Dennis' Temptations Revue is the best of what I call "The Offshoots".
    Isn't Paul Williams' son [[Paul Williams Jr.) with the Dennis Edwards group? Does anyone know why he isn't part of the "proper" Temptations [[Otis' group)?

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Isn't Paul Williams' son [[Paul Williams Jr.) with the Dennis Edwards group? Does anyone know why he isn't part of the "proper" Temptations [[Otis' group)?
    Yes Paul Williams Jr. sings with Dennis' group. I do not know why he is not a part of The Temptations.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Yes Paul Williams Jr. sings with Dennis' group. I do not know why he is not a part of The Temptations.
    Thank you, Marv

Interesting.....

Thank you, Marv

Interesting.....
    It would have been a great move on Otis' part to have invited him to join his group. Paul Williams Jr. is a very good singer.

Dennis seems quite stable now. I wonder if he'd rejoin with Otis or too much bad blood or he just wants to have his group which seems to be doing well?

Dennis seems quite stable now. I wonder if he'd rejoin with Otis or too much bad blood or he just wants to have his group which seems to be doing well?
    I like Dennis best with his group of Tempts.
    As for Glenn as a solo artist I think he tried that, but as we all know here is money to be made with an establish group name as many former members of groups have found out.

I have for years stated that before we oldtime temps fans get too old,that dennis and otis would once again share the stage but i don't think it's gonna happen,i agree that dennis tribute group is the best but when i think of the temptations it's otis williams because he's the only original member left.

I don't know if anyone is with me on this but I think this is a stellar performance from Mr. Glenn Leonard...

From 1977's The Temptations Do The Temptations album

After some years of some acrimony...I'm sure today it basically comes down to money...Otis, who has legal rights to the name doesn't want to split a large portion with Dennis when he can just pay side men a salary...There was also a Temptations group that Richard Street had going until his untimely death in 2013...Pretty soon there will be more Tempts groups going around than Platters groups...Much the same with the reason Mike Love went his own way with the Beach Boys after virtually stealing the name from Brian Wilson for pennies on the dollar during one of Brian's periods of mental disorder. Mike, even paying Bruce Johnston decent money wasn't about to pay the big bucks to Brian and Al Jardine after trying it a few years ago and disbanded and fired Brian after just a few concerts...I'm sure both Brian AND Mike are doing better doing their own tours and recordings...
    Last edited by StuBass1; 11-07-2016 at 12:01 PM.

This is my favorite Glenn Leonard lead with the Temptations. From the Winter of 1978:

"After some years of some acrimony...I'm sure today it basically comes down to money...Otis, who has legal rights to the name doesn't want to split a large portion with Dennis when he can just pay side men a salary..."

Amen Stubbie.....I think it's just that simple.

I don't know if anyone is with me on this but I think this is a stellar performance from Mr. Glenn Leonard...

From 1977's The Temptations Do The Temptations album
    I feel you TT......I warmed to it over time.....but felt I was in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by destruction View Post
    I feel you TT......I warmed to it over time.....but felt I was in the minority.
    Thank you destruction! I absolutely love that song, it feels so smooth and modern yet the harmonies are old-school. Sounds like something Boyz II Men might have recorded about 15 years later!