[REMOVE ADS]

William Guest of Gladys Knight and the Pips

Hey folks sad news I just read the following message on facebook:

It is with a Heavy Heart to say William Guest Member of The Pips passed away a little over an hour ago, Mr. Guest and Mr. Patton were former Clients, it is a sad but I am grateful for the opportunity to serve Crew Entertainment..he was a beautiful Man and gentle giant. I want to especially THANK Denise Fussell for this incredible opportunity to serve these R & B Legends, I can remember him sitting in my living room, it was a surreal moment in my life I will NEVER forget, talking like old friends about his history and how to present his legacy, please keep his family prayer during this time. Thanks You..Letitia

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post

It is with a Heavy Heart to say William Guest Member of The Pips passed away a little over an hour ago, Mr. Guest and Mr. Patton were former Clients, it is a sad but I am grateful for the opportunity to serve Crew Entertainment..he was a beautiful Man and gentle giant. I want to especially THANK Denise Fussell for this incredible opportunity to serve these R & B Legends, I can remember him sitting in my living room, it was a surreal moment in my life I will NEVER forget, talking like old friends about his history and how to present his legacy, please keep his family prayer during this time. Thanks You..Letitia
    When I saw his name, I knew I didn't want to open this thread and see this. He was a great guy and entertainer. We'll always remember both William and Edward. They gave us so many years of excellence. May he rest in peace.

Marv
    Last edited by marv2; 12-25-2015 at 09:59 PM.

How very sad. We knew he was unwell but we seem to expect our heroes to live forever.
    R.I.P. Big Man. We have memories of you to cherish.

Such a nice man! My prayers to his family.

This is a shock to me. I had no idea he was sick.

Sad News.R.I.P William Guest.

The way the thread was titled, I knew it wasn't gonna be good news. Rest peacefully, William. Had no idea he was so sick.

Sad news and a shock, what a difficult time for his family, such a professional, Thank You William for sharing the Gift you were given, Rest in Peace. Deepest Sympathies to his Family.

wow..sorry to hear..

R.I. P. William

thanks for the great music

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post

"We've got to start today to make tomorrow a brighter day for our children..."
    William's line from Friendship Train. RIP

Ain't nobody today putting out messages like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Ain't nobody today putting out messages like this.
    Nobody Jill, nobody! This is another reason why artists like William Guest are so important to me.

Farewell William, condolences to Gladys, Bubba and their family and fans.

They brought us through the seventies with classics like this one:

They were just as great in the eighties!!!

Mr. Guest was one of the kindest souls I ever knew. I am glad you were able to finish your book.

This clip gives a small glimpse into how hard they worked on just a single song. The recording, the choreography, etc.......

Superb stuff. They were a fantstic group, with the Pips harmonies second to none. I have never seen this before, so thank you for posting marv.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Superb stuff. They were a fantstic group, with the Pips harmonies second to none. I have never seen this before, so thank you for posting marv.

You are most welcome Ollie.

Such horrible news. My sister just texted me about it. I haven't checked in here since Christmas. Sleep well, Brother Guest; well done, thou good and faithful servant. God bless the family during this trying time.

Was he the lead on Window Raisin' Granny and I Can See Clearly Now? Those are my jams.

Gladys Knight reacts to death of ‘Road Warrior’ Pips member William Guest

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2478545

This is so sad. RIP William Guest. Gladys Knight and the Pips were my favorite group growing up. I had their posters all over my bedroom walls. Prayers to his family and friends!

I just watched Bubba Knight's interview from the Jean Terrell thread and, man... I had no idea William came up with that "HOO-HOO" choreography! And that the Pips did it themselves because they couldn't get Cholly to do it in time... amazing. The entire Gladys Knight and the Pips saga is something I wanna see immortalized in some way. I felt if things were different, they would've been THE group of the '60s and '70s [[and in a way they were in the '70s). Featuring the world's greatest female soul singer in Gladys Knight and the world's snappiest dancers/vocal harmonious men on the planet in the Pips [[William, Bubba & Edward).

May William and Edward rest in peace!

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    Was he the lead on Window Raisin' Granny and I Can See Clearly Now? Those are my jams.
    I think so. I love his brief lead in "Friendship Train"!

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    I think Bubba was the lead on I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW, while William led WINDOW RAISIN' GRANNY. On the same album [[IMAGINATION), Edward led PERFECT LOVE.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I think so. I love his brief lead in "Friendship Train"!
    I love watching Gladys taking on the dance routine during William's spot and then she stops when her part comes back and William resumes his position. Gladys doesn't seem to have the dancing skills that the Pips have.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I love watching Gladys taking on the dance routine during William's spot and then she stops when her part comes back and William resumes his position. Gladys doesn't seem to have the dancing skills that the Pips have.
    To be fair though, Gladys was only choreographed in certain spots lol

Cholly made sure they flow well even if Gladys didn't have the dancing skills [[though I loved it when she did danced during a solo performance of "Imagination" lol )

Cholly made sure they flow well even if Gladys didn't have the dancing skills [[though I loved it when she did danced during a solo performance of "Imagination" lol )
    I gotta dig out Imagination now.

Oh Gladys can dance and I'm not just talking "Dancing with the Stars"! LOL! Check her out in this girl group setting:

^ Oh definitely. Gladys is an underrated dancer. I love the little moves she makes when she sings "Neither One of Us". She really be FEELING herself when she does that song!

For those who may wish to sign the Guest Book:

http://www.legacy.com/ns/william-gue...uary/177033974

Service Information
    When: Saturday, January 9th, 2016, 11:00am
    Address: 200 Joseph E. Lowery Boulevard SW
    Atlanta, Georgia 30314