[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    Jackie Wilson Hologram to be produced

    From today's Detroit Free Press:

    http://www.freep.com/story/entertain...tour/77758932/

    Looking forward to seeing it.

  2. #2
    I don't know about this, I know some people are not going to like it because it won't be the same as the live performance of the man we knew and loved.
    I guess I have to see it first.

    BTW, why is this in the Motown thread instead of on the main forum? Although born in Detroit he was not a Motown artist. He recorded for labels in New York & Chicago.
    S.S.
    ***

  3. #3
    You obviously do not know the history of Motown. Berry Gordy had his big break in 1957 when Jackie recorded "Reet Petite," a song written by Berry, his sister Gwen, and Tyran Carlo (aka Billy Davis).

    "Reet Petite" turned out to be his first hit. There were four more hit songs written over the next two years, "To Be Loved" and "Lonely Teardrops" in 1958, and "That's Why" and "I'll Be Satisfied"in 1959.

    That certainly qualifies this to be included in the Motown Forum. Do you think when the Hologram is shown that no mention will be made of Berry Gordy?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    You obviously do not know the history of Motown. Berry Gordy had his big break in 1957 when Jackie recorded "Reet Petite," a song written by Berry, his sister Gwen, and Tyran Carlo (aka Billy Davis).

    "Reet Petite" turned out to be his first hit. There were four more hit songs written over the next two years, "To Be Loved" and "Lonely Teardrops" in 1958, and "That's Why" and "I'll Be Satisfied"in 1959.

    That certainly qualifies this to be included in the Motown Forum. Do you think when the Hologram is shown that no mention will be made of Berry Gordy?
    I don't know. Was Jackie mentioned in Motown the Musical? Anyone?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    You obviously do not know the history of Motown. Berry Gordy had his big break in 1957 when Jackie recorded "Reet Petite," a song written by Berry, his sister Gwen, and Tyran Carlo (aka Billy Davis).

    "Reet Petite" turned out to be his first hit. There were four more hit songs written over the next two years, "To Be Loved" and "Lonely Teardrops" in 1958, and "That's Why" and "I'll Be Satisfied"in 1959.

    That certainly qualifies this to be included in the Motown Forum. Do you think when the Hologram is shown that no mention will be made of Berry Gordy?
    That's a little harsh, don't you think? Besides, I think that's a bit of a stretch to justify this being in the Motown section...

    Back on subject: I've never been a fan of these holograms. I think its downright creepy and morbid. I know a lot of people are fans of this kind of thing, but to me it only further reminds me that they're no longer living.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    That's a little harsh, don't you think? Besides, I think that's a bit of a stretch to justify this being in the Motown section...

    Back on subject: I've never been a fan of these holograms. I think its downright creepy and morbid. I know a lot of people are fans of this kind of thing, but to me it only further reminds me that they're no longer living.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  21.1 KB
    With the holograms, people will get to see Jackie sing and dance in 3D, as opposed to just on film. Why is it more morbid to see a deceased person in 3D than 2D. Would you forget he's dead if you saw him on film?

  7. #7
    I knew you woodward or someone would mention the Gordy / Davis songs, who cares in comparison to all the rest. Of course, it will be mentioned simply because it's Gordy like we haven't heard enough about him, Reet Petite & Lonely Teardrops to ad nauseum, lol, Jackie was sooo much more than that. And before you tell me what I don''t know woodward do your own homework, I knew Jackie and a lot more most don't know before you were probably born. Besides what I asked about which forum head it should be under was not that big of a deal for you to come out of a f up bag. I almost never come to the Motown threads because all I see is fighting over here about The Supremes. It's ridiculous. I wouldn't have come here if Jackie was posted on the main forum. Motown fanatics are over the top, lol..........

    Thank you, antceleb12. I agree about the holograms not a good reminder of those we loved.
    The videos from t.v. performances are how we knew him and are a happy memory not a morbid one like a hologram seems to be. To each his own but I'd rather see the man the way I remember him on film not on something fake and manufactured today.

    "Happy Holidays"
    ,
    S.S.
    ***

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    You obviously do not know the history of Motown. Berry Gordy had his big break in 1957 when Jackie recorded "Reet Petite," a song written by Berry, his sister Gwen, and Tyran Carlo (aka Billy Davis).

    "Reet Petite" turned out to be his first hit. There were four more hit songs written over the next two years, "To Be Loved" and "Lonely Teardrops" in 1958, and "That's Why" and "I'll Be Satisfied"in 1959.

    That certainly qualifies this to be included in the Motown Forum. Do you think when the Hologram is shown that no mention will be made of Berry Gordy?
    Theres no need to be rude to soul sister. She waS real respectful in her question and comment. You have no right to question the ladys knowledge IMO.

    Roberta

  9. #9
    Thank You, Roberta.

    Merry Christmas!!!
    S.S.
    ***

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Sister View Post
    Thank You, Roberta.

    Merry Christmas!!!
    S.S.
    ***

    Merry Christmas and a happy New year to you my dear Soul sister.

    yours, with every good wish.

    Roberta

  11. #11
    The inclusion of a recent story in the Motown Forum on Jackie Wilson can be compared to the recently published MOTOWN ENCYCLOPEDIA by Graham Betts. Mr. Betts included a segment on Jackie in his book. In his introduction on the Jackie Wilson inclusion, he states, "Jackie Wilson never actually recorded for Motown, although it is quite conceivable that but for Jackie, Motown Records would not have existed. . . ." That is part of my rationale for putting this on the Motown Forum. If it had been published on another forum, most people would not have seen it. I feel this is where it belongs.

  12. #12
    Okay, I can dig that woodward and agree with that statement which you could have stated above in the first place instead of being irrational about it, simple as that.
    I still think it could have been on the main forum too because Jackie was bigger than his Detroit beginnings. Posted on both forums would have been better IMO. It's y our baby I just ask a simple question and got back disrespect which was uncalled for and untrue.
    I said what I needed too, I'm done, I hold no animosity toward you.
    "Happy Holidays to you"

    All the best to everyone!

    S.S.
    ***

  13. #13
    Thank you Roberta for the good wishes, that's very sweet.
    Wishing the same for you & yours.

    Enjoy the Holiday Season!!!

    S.S.
    ***

  14. #14
    Soul Sister; please continue instilling us with your knowledge of all of the great artists that you knew and met! Your observations are invaluable because "you were there". There aren't a whole lot of people left that were there. Practically all of the knowledge that I have from that era comes from books, articles and interviews. Thank you so much for posting on these forums and giving us your insider's stories!!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Sister View Post
    Thank you Roberta for the good wishes, that's very sweet.
    Wishing the same for you & yours.

    Enjoy the Holiday Season!!!

    S.S.
    ***
    Wishing you a blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year my dear Soulsister.

    fondly,

    Roberta

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by stingbeelee View Post
    Soul Sister; please continue instilling us with your knowledge of all of the great artists that you knew and met! Your observations are invaluable because "you were there". There aren't a whole lot of people left that were there. Practically all of the knowledge that I have from that era comes from books, articles and interviews. Thank you so much for posting on these forums and giving us your insider's stories!!
    Yes it's real refreshing to hear From someone who was there and was married to a true legend and has FIRST hand knowledge instead of hearsay and third hand gossip.

    Soulsister is real valuable and real respected in this here forum.

    have a merry Christmas stingbeelee.

    Roberta

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  21.1 KB
    With the holograms, people will get to see Jackie sing and dance in 3D, as opposed to just on film. Why is it more morbid to see a deceased person in 3D than 2D. Would you forget he's dead if you saw him on film?
    As I said, it remind me that they are deceased. It's ghostly to me. That's my opinion. If others like it, good on them. But I will not be partaking.

  18. #18
    Why thank you for the appreciation Stingbeelee and Roberta. If I am able to answer any questions I will.

    ~*~*~ HAPPY HOLIDAYS ~*~*~

    S.S.
    ***

  19. #19
    Dear Roberta75 and Soul Sister;
    And you both have a joyous holiday and a wonderful and blessed New Year!!

    - Stingbeelee

  20. #20
    Thank you, stingbeelee.


    S.S.
    ***

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.