[REMOVE ADS]

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    ^ And the only times DMC did that was with the Temptations and even then, I think they always put the Andantes on there somehow [[not the Andantes' fault at all but still).

Still I wonder who else was singing background on the "Right On" album. Obviously you hear Mary & Cindy on there...

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    ^ And the only times DMC did that was with the Temptations and even then, I think they always put the Andantes on there somehow [[not the Andantes' fault at all but still).

Still I wonder who else was singing background on the "Right On" album. Obviously you hear Mary & Cindy on there...

You know it is strange to me if they used anyone other girls because when they sang live onstage, nothing could sound better!

Last edited by marv2; 01-09-2016 at 06:10 PM.

I imagine Andantes if there are other voices. Have George or Andy addressed this? Still odd as Frank Wilson wanted to use Mary and Cindy much more prominently.

I was grateful for the THIS IS THE STORY box set but I would prefer if they used more unreleased stuff. but I am am glad we got that as it took forever for those albums to make it on to cd. I think a LOST AND FOUND is in order. I know there is an out take from Floy Joy and several other tracks from the other albums.
    just realized the Promises Kept sessions were on that cd,so we did get some new stuff.senior moment

and the 70's Supremes albums were released on CD before the box set.. I had Right On and New Ways on CD for years and years before the box set

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You know it is strange to me if they used anyone other girls because when they sang live onstage, nothing could sound better!

It is indeed weird. To be fair, the Andantes did get used less and less as time went on in the Jean Terrell-era Supremes.

I believe it is the Supremes singing backup on the Four Tops "Still Waters". I have yet to find a definitive answer, but it definitely sounds like them to me!
    I believe the ladies from the Undisputed Truth are on "Still Waters." One of the ladies sounds exactly like Cindy.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    I believe the ladies from the Undisputed Truth are on "Still Waters." One of the ladies sounds exactly like Cindy.
    That is Mary's voice Brad
    I am telling you! This was around the same time the Supremes and the Four Tops were doing a LOT of sessions together. Give a listen tonight and see if you hear Mary prominently.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    I am listening to it right now and that is Cindy Birdsong back there.

I could not agree more with you. What the hell were Motown playing at?

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I was grateful for the THIS IS THE STORY box set but I would prefer if they used more unreleased stuff. but I am am glad we got that as it took forever for those albums to make it on to cd. I think a LOST AND FOUND is in order. I know there is an out take from Floy Joy and several other tracks from the other albums.
    just realized the Promises Kept sessions were on that cd,so we did get some new stuff.senior moment
    It was a great box set, but i agree it should have been even better, So many unreleased songs lie gathering dust in the vaults. There should have been another disc with someof these songs, and of course there should be a lost and found 2 cd set.

I doubt you'll see any more 2 cd sets released in America...ever..from the Motown vaults..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    I doubt you'll see any more 2 cd sets released in America...ever..from the Motown vaults..
    Maybe one of the UK labels will take it on board. I fear you are correct in what you say Jimi.