[REMOVE ADS]

Absolutely not!!!

HEY GANG,I KNOW THIS SUBJECT HAS BEEN DISCUSSED BEFORE[so sue me]BUT IF YOU COULD LIST OH SAY[TEN]SONGS THAT ARE OFF LIMITS AS FAR AS BEING COVERED BY ANYBODY WHAT WOULD THEY BE? [TEN ONLY]...MINE ARE...MY GIRL[just leave it alone]..SATURDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES[go ahead if you dare]..MONA LISA..SITTING IN THE PARK..CHANCES ARE...LET'S GET IT ON...LET'S STAY TOGETHER...BILLIE JEAN...YOU'LL NEVER FIND... TAKE FIVE[top jazz single all time]- AND YOUR TEN ARE..?

I feel the exact opposite. I don't think music should be restricted just because one artist makes it a classic. What doesn't work for you might work for others. I love it when other people cover songs. Fresh, new takes are what helps keep music breathing. My view: you don't like it, don't listen to it

The only untouchable song for me is "What's Going On" because I remember the era that led to it and it still touches on raw nerves. With that being said, it is just as relevant today with the terrorist threat, police brutality and the Black Lives Matter movement, students protesting against university administrations, everything that I heard in the Republican debates, and the myriad civil wars and attempts at genocide occurring in several countries. I just don't think any artist could improve on the song and it would come across as flat unless it was something truly special.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  21.1 KB
    WHAT??? You don't like that beautiful version of "My Girl" by The Rolling Stones??? Maybe Tom Waits could have sung it better? Or, maybe Motown could have kept it in house, and had Bobby Breen sing it? Or Ray Oddis?

And who had that hit remake of "Sitting In The Park"?

That was GQ, whose lead singer Emmanuel Rahiem LeBlanc was a huge fan of Billy Stewart. One of their biggest hits was "I Do Love You" back around 1978 or so.

Billy's was the best! Many artists/groups covered it but GQ did the best job.

S.S.