[REMOVE ADS]

Your Top Three NEW Albums Of 2010?

While Grape is doing his stirling annual job of getting us to think of songs from the past, I wonder what have been your top three NEW ALBUMS of the year? While we all love the music of the past, it's only right that we look to find great new music being made now too. The problem is that sometimes it's hard to find or gets overlooked when released. So, what are your top releases of the year.....and I'd like to exclude re-issues and compilations, but of course you can include new albums made by 'heritage' artists [[as you'll see from most of my choices). To kick things off, I'd select:

Nothing's Impossible - Solomon Burke
    Walking With The Night - Adriana Evans
    The Crossing - Eumir Deodato

smark21 Guest
    Flamingo - Brandon Flowers
    High Violet - The National
    Junky Star - Ryan Bingham and the Dead Horses

Thanks Smark. Maybe most Forum members haven't been buying new CDs....or maybe it's hard to select three, because you haven't bought that many or there haven't been that many worth buying.

So, how about ONE new CD from the year that you recommend? Along with our discussions about older music and releases, it'll be interesting to see what current releases have excited you.

I loved the new Drizabone Soul Family 'All The Way'.

Morph.

Janelle Monae--I love that song "Tightrope."

Problem--I've got FOUR released this year that I'd be hard-pressed to do without on the proverbial "deserted island:" "How I Got Over," The Roots [[R&B); "What We Share," Myron Walden In This World [[Jazz); "The Love & War MasterPeace," Raheem DeVaughn [[R&B); and "Decisive Steps," Tia Fuller [[Jazz).