[REMOVE ADS]

Val, Barbara, Sheila....The Fuzz CD now for sale.

How did this thread die with no responses. I completely missed this news and have just ordered it from Dusty Groove. My wife will pick it up for me on her way home from work. I never thought I'd see the day this would be released on a CD and am very glad. I had the cassette for a long time but it was stolen from a car I use to have. Blueskies thanks for coming up with this news for Fuzz fans.

Dusty Groove sold out but my wife made it in time to get copy before that happened. Amazon yesterday showed out of stock also. That should be good news to fans of the group. Compared to the decent copy I made from a LP the CD was much clearer with voices, and instruments much more easily heard. I am also very glad that they didn't cut the songs short on the fade out at the end like has been done to countless transfers to CD. I'm not finished listening to it yet but so far so good.

I don't have the CD with me at work but it's also Interesting to find that the group members birthdays [[March, 1952, August 16, 1952 and I believe a August, 1951 date) are very close to mine. My birthday is August 17, 1952. No wonder I like them so much [[lol). I wish Sheila or Val would stop by SDF and chat with us.
    Last edited by mr_june; 11-10-2015 at 05:14 PM.

I saw that It was released on CD but was wary of the quality. mr_june if you say it sounds good than I will try to pick one up. I still have the copy you made me from the LP.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyacey View Post
    I saw that It was released on CD but was wary of the quality. mr_june if you say it sounds good than I will try to pick one up. I still have the copy you made me from the LP.
    Hi Daddyacey, I forgot all about that. The LP/CD copy has better bass but the CD is good and noticeably clearer and cleaner sounding.

HOLY CRAP!!!!

"I Love You For All Seasons" has been and is, my most genuine opinion, THE single most beautiful song I have ever heard.

At last, even for once, looks like a legit enough reissue - will be a definite "get" soon enough...

Update 12/4/15: WOO! As of this afternoon, found a Fuzz LP in my local antique market. Costed me $8, but the songs are to melt!

With the ordering, purchased, the CD of it also, last week, I now have both "The Fuzz" in LP and CD form.

Sounds sooo much, like 500%, sweeter, than when I was first listening to it on classic soul radio, only then, when fortunate enough to catch it broadcasting. I think I'm gonna put that needle back to track twice more...."First, I love you with the freshness of a Spring Day"...AHHHHHHHHH....Heaven....
    Last edited by Ngroove; 12-04-2015 at 10:36 PM.

The CD has some kinks in it. When the song "I'm So Glad" ends, it comes back on playing the last few seconds of the song with a really bad echo. There is a misspelling in one of the songs title and some songs end with an added echo that can't be heard on the 45RPM, cassette or vinyl album. It's real obvious too.

I sent an e-mail to the company listed on the printed materials but after a week, I haven't received a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_june View Post
    The CD has some kinks in it. When the song "I'm So Glad" ends, it comes back on playing the last few seconds of the song with a really bad echo. There is a misspelling in one of the songs title and some songs end with an added echo that can't be heard on the 45RPM, cassette or vinyl album. It's real obvious too.

I sent an e-mail to the company listed on the printed materials but after a week, I haven't received a reply.
    Maybe...I don't really notice...but seriously, give "I Think I Got The Making Of A True Love Affair" another listen, and try to tell me with a straight face that that song's not the happiest song to breezedly skip and go "tra-la-la-la" carefree on, but really, that, "Like An Open Door", "I Love You For All Seasons", "Leave It All Behind", just about the entire album, including their cover of "Ooh Baby Baby" [[maybe that's the one you mentioned "mispelled", but it's spelled that way even on their original LP vinyl) - all beauty all around - is it really worth more bad than good for the nitpicking? The fact it's finally been reissued in entirety, alone just leaves me in complete awe.
    Last edited by Ngroove; 12-27-2015 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngroove View Post
    Maybe...I don't really notice...but seriously, give "I Think I Got The Making Of A True Love Affair" another listen, and try to tell me with a straight face that that song's not the happiest song to breezedly skip and go "tra-la-la-la" carefree on, but really, that, "Like An Open Door", "I Love You For All Seasons", "Leave It All Behind", just about the entire album, including their cover of "Ooh Baby Baby" [[maybe that's the one you mentioned "mispelled", but it's spelled that way even on their original LP vinyl) - all beauty all around - is it really worth more bad than good for the nitpicking? The fact it's finally been reissued in entirety, alone just leaves me in complete awe.
    I think you misunderstand where I'm coming from. I wasn't nitpicking as another member wanted to know what I thought about the quality of the album and that is what I reported. I'm just as big a fan as you are. Check out this archived thread on the Fuzz http://www.soulmusic.com/index.asp?S=3&T=36&ART=8179

The mistakes made aren't the groups fault at all but the company that took the album from tape to disc. The things I mentioned are quality control issues that shouldn't be tolerated in any business.

More info on how a couple of the songs came to be: http://www.soulmusic.com/index.asp?S=3&T=36&ART=8179

Happy New Year Mr. June!

I'll ask Sheila if she's agreeable with stopping by.

By the way, we've chatted a few times, Thanksgiving was the last time & she agreed to talk with me about their career, because she says that she reads things & wonders where people have gotten some of their information.

The holidays are a hectic time, so I decided to wait until the New Year for us to finally have our discussion. I'm also trying to figure out the best way to do it, whether to try to record it like a Facetime chat, or simply tape the phone call.

Either way, I look forward to hearing what she'll have to say & I'm happy that even though it took awhile, she trusts me enough to know that I'll treat her & The Fuzz with respect

By the way, one of the things that she wants to clear up are the birth dates, which are a product of record company fluff.

Happy New Year, fellow Fuzz fan

Ngroove, In TOTAL agreement!!

And as this song came out close to Christmas 1970, this thread is very timely, as we celebrate 45 years of The Fuzz working their way into our hearts!

And a Happy New Year to you & yours!
    Last edited by juicefree20; 01-07-2016 at 02:39 AM.

Happy New Year Blueskies & thank you for remembering The Fuzz & bringing this to our attention.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyacey View Post
    Happy New Year Daddy!

Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    Happy New Year Mr. June!

I'll ask Sheila if she's agreeable with stopping by.

By the way, we've chatted a few times, Thanksgiving was the last time & she agreed to talk with me about their career, because she says that she reads things & wonders where people have gotten some of their information.

The holidays are a hectic time, so I decided to wait until the New Year for us to finally have our discussion. I'm also trying to figure out the best way to do it, whether to try to record it like a Facetime chat, or simply tape the phone call.

Either way, I look forward to hearing what she'll have to say & I'm happy that even though it took awhile, she trusts me enough to know that I'll treat her & The Fuzz with respect

By the way, one of the things that she wants to clear up are the birth dates, which are a product of record company fluff.

Happy New Year, fellow Fuzz fan
    Happy New Year Juice and hats off to you for the interview which Fuzz fans here look forward to.