[REMOVE ADS]

Nicholas Caldwell of the Whispers

Nick Caldwell founding member of the Whispers has passed. It's being reported that Mr Caldwell who has had some major health challenges for over a year passed away this morning. RIP Mr Caldwell.

More sad news....................

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    Nick Caldwell founding member of the Whispers has passed. It's being reported that Mr Caldwell who has had some major health challenges for over a year passed away this morning. RIP Mr Caldwell.
    It seems that we have bad news every week these days. Our musical heroes are dropping like flies and there is nothing we can do except to try to appreciate their talents whilst they are still with us. I loved the Whispers and Nick has left a fine body of work behind for us to enjoy for many years to come.

I had a feeling his time was coming... I feel this death signals the end of a long era unless the Whispers decide to continue as a trio... very sad news. I think he was only 72 when he died.

The Whispers has been performing as trio for a while now. Nick has been ill or quite sometime.

The Whispers has been performing as trio for a while now. Nick has been ill or quite sometime.
    ...and for quite some time before that he performed sitting on a stool, but even managing to join in the choreography!

How sad. He arranged many of their beautiful ballads. I was a huge fan of the Whispers, especially during their SOLAR years and he was one of the reasons why I could buy their records on day one of release without having heard a track. I knew they would deliver. He will be sorely missed.

I just saw this on Facebook. Geez, I've seen them in concert several times. They were always magnificent. RIP Nicholas.

I've gone to see the Whispers in various places around the country. They were always a top-notched act! Nick was the centerpiece [[mainly because of his height with Walter & Scotty being so short! LOL!) They were always a favorite mine and the absolute favorites of my brother Robert and cousin Donnie! The songs they did are so memorable......

The Whispers holds a special place with me. This was the very first record I bought in the 80s, January 1980!

"Olivia", the song that made many young girls wise up!

Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    ...and for quite some time before that he performed sitting on a stool, but even managing to join in the choreography!
    Nick was the Paul Williams of the Whispers when came to the choreography. He was also an great songwriter and producer.

Thanks. I love the fact the group keeps on keeping on never replacing a member. That's one loyal group, man!!!

Shout out to the surviving Whispers. Rest in peace to Nicholas Caldwell and Marcus Hutson.

Wonder what happened to Gordy Harmon after he was forced to retire?

This is definitely a very sad day.

I was blessed to have met Nicholas & to speak with him on a few occasions & no matter when or where I saw him, that smile never left his face.

I've met hundreds of our stars over the years & Nicholas was simply one of the nicest, humblest entertainers you'd ever want to meet.

The way that you saw him on stage, is how he was off stage. Always approachable to his fans, always a warm handshake, a smile & a "Thank You", when fans told him how much they appreciated The Whispers.

And always so soft-spoken, sometimes, close to a whisper, no pun intended. A wonderful songwriter, precision personified & you could just see how much Nick enjoyed performing & how much fun he was having while on that stage.

It was kind of messed-up for me, because despite knowing that his heart wouldn't allow it, I kept hoping that he'd be on-stage whenever he came to the New York area.

Sadly, that wasn't to be & my heart goes out to his family, his brothers & sisters of The Whispers Organization & to The Whispers Fan Club. My sincere condolences to them all & may God bless, comfort & strengthen them all.

Nicholas Caldwell - R.I.P. & thank you for the music & for the kindnesss that you extended me whenever we had the opportunity to speak.

Well spoken Juice, I couldn't have said it better..........