[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This Is What A Love Of Motown Christmas Music Looks Like

Well, boys and girls, it's Christmastime again... Does anyone actually need more than 40 classic Motown Christmas CDs? Well, yes, I do. It all started long ago and far away with my first Christmas album, the 'Merry Christmas From Motown' LP [[STML11126), which I enjoyed so much that, over the years, I was unable to resist acquiring more Motown Christmas albums, and the collection has since evolved from LPs to CD. During December, I like to play a Christmas CD every day, and as there are only around 117 Motown Christmas songs available, some duplication of tracks is inevitable. However, the variety of the Motown Christmas compilations makes things enjoyable – especially if there is a 'previously unreleased' track in there, like the Temptations' ''Jingle Bells'' or a different version of the Funks' ''Winter Wonderland''! Alas, the only song that doesn't benefit from repetition is the Supremes' ''Children's Christmas Song'', and I'll never know why the they didn't just dub in the Andantes then tell those tuneless kids that they sounded just great! My favorite? It's still 'Merry Christmas From Motown'! To those of you with similar musical obsessions [[Bluebrock, your ''roomful of Christmas CDs'' admission was a give away), don't feel ashamed – you are not alone! Perhaps we could form a support group: ''Hi. My name is TomBairdFan and I am a Motown Christmas compilation addict......'' Part of the pleasure of owning such a CD collection is the enjoyment of actually holding them in your hands, placing the discs in the player, looking at the cases and reading the booklets, listening, then putting the CDs back with the others on the shelf. A pleasure that downloaders cannot enjoy. As the countdown to Christmas begins, I'll be listening to my Motown Christmas CDs, and deciding which ACE CD I should ask Santa to deliver from reissuesdirect via Amazon UK, by way of thanking ACE for being so good at compiling all those Motown classics for us. Something that I can enjoy in the New Year after I've had enough of those ''Ding, Dongs''! Happy Motown Christmas listening!
    Attached Images Attached Images