[REMOVE ADS]

Dark side of the world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Backgrounds please

Always love this song but have always been curious about the background vocals. Is it Ashford and Simpson or is it someone else ?

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post

Always love this song but have always been curious about the background vocals. Is it Ashford and Simpson or is it someone else ?
    There are parts that sound like Ashford and Simpson and then other parts sound like the Andantes. I noticed Ashford and Simpson didn't use the Andantes all that much. Usually they [[A&S) did the backgrounds. Compare the vocals on here to Marvin & Tammi's "What You Gave Me." It's hard to say...possibly a combination of both?

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    There are parts that sound like Ashford and Simpson and then other parts sound like the Andantes. I noticed Ashford and Simpson didn't use the Andantes all that much. Usually they [[A&S) did the backgrounds. Compare the vocals on here to Marvin & Tammi's "What You Gave Me." It's hard to say...possibly a combination of both?
    Good theories. I suspect that one of the vocalists may be Joshie Jo Armstead as well.

Thanks you guys
    I listen to song over and over and at times I hear A & S then I hear Ray Simpson, then the Andantes, and almost Mary Wilson.

I definitely hear Andantes in the mix of background vocals.

Yes i hear Ashford and Simpson for sure,and maybe The Andantes,this is one of my fav,on Diana,you got to give it to the producer's and the writers,Ashford and Simpson,The were The Best.

Yes, I am surprise it was on the "B" side of "Reach Out" . DJ's use to flip it all the time. A & S were truly at the Top of their game.