[REMOVE ADS]

Classic Four Tops Interview From 1965

Big Mouth of the Poor Flops does the talking!

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Big Mouth of the Poor Flops does the talking!

LOL
    Don't ya love it? Levi had the best sense of humor. He had a natural comedic flair. He would crack me up when I'd see them after concerts.

I've always thought Levi's name was pronounced Lee-vye but, here, he pronounces it Lee-vee...

Always good to hear from the tops.

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    I've always thought Levi's name was pronounced Lee-vye but, here, he pronounces it Lee-vee...
    No it is pronounced "LEE -Vigh". He was just making a joke in the clip.

Doesn't he say...like the jeans...

WGB

It's time to change the batteries in your hearing aid !

lol

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    WGB

It's time to change the batteries in your hearing aid !

lol
    hehehehehehehehehehehe.......LOL!

More from the show and my favorite Motown record of all.......................

No hearing aid required, theboyfromxtown. I did correctly hear what Levi said.

Maybe you should change your batteries???? LOL

Nice clips. Which show is this?
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 11-25-2015 at 07:55 PM.

No hearing aid required, theboyfromxtown. I did correctly hear what Levi said.

Maybe you should change your batteries???? LOL

Nice clips. Which show is this?
    Thank you. It was "The Lloyd Thaxton Show".

http://www.retrovideo.com/footage_li...-thaxton-show/

We didn't get that show over here in the UK.....

In fact, I don't actually think I can call Lloyd Thaxton's face to mind.

I'd better go and check him out......

We didn't get that show over here in the UK.....

In fact, I don't actually think I can call Lloyd Thaxton's face to mind.

I'd better go and check him out......
    Oh it was a great show, one of many teen dance shows popular here in the States in the 60s.

I've now done some reading on it. I'd heard the name, but wouldn't have recognised LLoyd Thaxton from the first clip.

LT eventually became popular enough to have nationwide syndication [[?). If so, that's a lot of people.

Also seems the show had a free, informal spontaneous style. Perhaps more like our 'Ready Steady Go! show. I noticed the people behind the Tops were just kicking around, while the interview was going on....

I've now done some reading on it. I'd heard the name, but wouldn't have recognised LLoyd Thaxton from the first clip.

LT eventually became popular enough to have nationwide syndication [[?). If so, that's a lot of people.

Also seems the show had a free, informal spontaneous style. Perhaps more like our 'Ready Steady Go! show. I noticed the people behind the Tops were just kicking around, while the interview was going on....
    Good observation. It was very informal. Many of the Motown acts appeared on Lloyd's show.

Love this,i'v always been a big 4 Tops fan,they're The Best

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    Love this,i'v always been a big 4 Tops fan,they're The Best
    They use appear in the Hudson's [[Detroit) Thanksgiving Day Parade back in the day.

I bet that was a real spectacle. I love a Grand Parade. We do have them here, but you are masters of large scale entertainment in the U.S.

Did you know that the entire United Kingdom [[England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland) is just about the same size as Michigan?

Did you know that the entire United Kingdom [[England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland) is just about the same size as Michigan?
    Err.....no

And do they get more rain??

LOL. It would be harder to get more rain than we seem to have had just lately....

I think UK has, on average, about a third more rain each year than Michigan... but maybe Michigan has more snow than us....

Michigan's population is about 10 million.

In the UK, we have nearly 64 million, in slightly less space.

If we carry on at that rate, there won't be enough room for us to do The Temptations' Walk, or even perform the routine to 'Stop! in the name of love'.

As regards the Four Tops 'Reach Out'....it won't be much of a stretch.....

And trying to find anyone will be like

....finding a needle in a haystack....

I bet that was a real spectacle. I love a Grand Parade. We do have them here, but you are masters of large scale entertainment in the U.S.

Oh it was a big spectacle to see them come down Woodward avenue a top of the "Spirit of Detroit" float. They'd have on these big fur jackets and singing their songs and Christmas songs. Mrs. Esther Gordy Edwards would be dressed up as part of the Clown Brigade and every one cheering. It was always a memorable time. I've been to the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade in New York, but it is just not to same as the hometown parade.

I did not realize the areas were similar in size. Here's a secret.......I am a "Coronation Street" addict! LOL!

LOL. It would be harder to get more rain than we seem to have had just lately....

I think UK has, on average, about a third more rain each year than Michigan... but maybe Michigan has more snow than us....

Michigan's population is about 10 million.

In the UK, we have nearly 64 million, in slightly less space.

If we carry on at that rate, there won't be enough room for us to do The Temptations' Walk, or even perform the routine to 'Stop! in the name of love'.

As regards the Four Tops 'Reach Out'....it won't be much of a stretch.....
    Oh you are funny! LOL!!!

Marv, I do remember you mentioning some time ago that you enjoy Coronation Street.

I also remember when it started. 55 years ago, in a couple of weeks. Always watched it then.

Haven't seen it so much recently. Do you keep up to date with it, or play 'catch up' from time to time?

Marv, I do remember you mentioning some time ago that you enjoy Coronation Street.

I also remember when it started. 55 years ago, in a couple of weeks. Always watched it then.

Haven't seen it so much recently. Do you keep up to date with it, or play 'catch up' from time to time?

I keep very much up to date with it. I watch it via four sources. The episodes that make onto Youtube, Dailymotion [[which is the best), Hulu which is always about a week and half behind. When I am home in Mich, I can watch it on TV on the CBC out of Canada [[which also a week behind.)
    Last summer my best friend's daughter got married. At the reception, his sister and brother in law who live in London were sitting with us. I told them I had an addiction for Coronation Street and the laughed so hard and could not believe I even knew the program. It had been coming on Canadian TV since I was a kid, but I did not get hooked on the program until around 2010! LOL!