[REMOVE ADS]

Russell Thompkins Jr. & The New Stylistics Concert Review

Last night I witnessed one of the most amazing live concerts. Russell Thompkins & the New Stylistics [[Raymond Johnson and Jonathan Buckson) at the Pinnacle, Maumee, Ohio [[Toledo, OH.) This show contained anything you could have wanted in a Classic Soul and R&B concert. Excellent singing, smooth & precise choreography, tremendous musicians, musical director, humor, style and class! Russell Thompkins and company gave it all to them last night!

The set list included just about all of the Stylistics memorable classics such as, "Stop, Look, Listen [[To Your Heart)", "You Are Everything", "Rockin' Roll Baby", "Betcha by Golly, Wow","People Make the World Go Round", "I'm Stone in Love with You", "Break Up to Make Up", "You Make Me Feel Brand New" and a killer version of "Hurry Up This Way Again"! They just kept hitting the audience with the hits!

They surprised us with a spirited rendition of the Eddie Kendricks' classic "Goin' Up In Smoke". Another huge and welcomed surprise was when they reached back, way back to the beginning and performed "Country Living" and "You're A Big Girl Now"! The crowd loved it. Everything about the show was on point including their ultra dapper stage attire designed by Falcone! [[I just happened to also being wearing one of his suits!).

Overall this was a tremendously enjoyable show and one of the few where everything was on point. Russell being the amazing vocalist we all have known him to be all of these years did not disappoint. He delivered every song exactly the way we remembered them which knocked me out! There are very few artists that can do that. Gladys Knight and Eddie Levert are in this elite club of professionals. I am very much looking forward to seeing Russell Thompkins & the New Stylistics in concert again and if you are lucky enough to have them come anywhere near your area, do not miss this group!

Marv
    November 22 ,2015
    Last edited by marv2; 11-23-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Thanks Marv,great review,i'd love to see them Live,i hope Russell Thompkins and The New Stylistics,come to Los Angeles Ca,soon,i'v always loved they're music,from this review,they still got it.

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    Thanks Marv,great review,i'd love to see them Live,i hope Russell Thompkins and The New Stylistics,come to Los Angeles Ca,soon,i'v always loved they're music,from this review,they still got it.

Thank you Redhot. Yes it was a top notched show. They definitely still have it. Russell did not rush through the songs. He took his time and nailed each and everyone of them!

Good

I like the songs at the original tempo

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by edafan View Post
    Good

I like the songs at the original tempo

edafan
    The you would have loved this performance.

Thanks to all who came out for the show at the Pinnacle in Toledo/Maumee OH on Saturday.
    We love you!

Russell Thompkins Jr. & The New Stylistics

Marv,

It was great seeing you at the show and thank you for the great review. Me and the guys like to keep it as close to the wax as we can get. People always want to hear the songs like they were recorded. Not some diluted, distorted version. We're glad you enjoyed the show.

We're working on booking a show in Detroit in January. I'll let you know when it happens.

Thanks again for the great review.

Quote Originally Posted by ratjr View Post
    Marv,

It was great seeing you at the show and thank you for the great review. Me and the guys like to keep it as close to the wax as we can get. People always want to hear the songs like they were recorded. Not some diluted, distorted version. We're glad you enjoyed the show.

We're working on booking a show in Detroit in January. I'll let you know when it happens.

Thanks again for the great review.

Russ it was a pleasure. If we don't see you in Detroit, we'll try our darndest to catch you guys in the Beacon in NYC in Feb!