[REMOVE ADS]

For fantastic four fans only - new video of ric tic material performance

Setting expectations:

This is a 14 minute live performance by The "New" Fantastic Four as part of the R & B Music Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony on October 4, 2015. All original members of the Fantastic Four are no longer with us, and we especially miss the irreplaceable tones of the brilliant Sweet James Epps.

No footage of The Fantastic Four at the time they were performing their Ric Tic material remains. On that basis, I was thrilled to see this "new" group pay homage to The Fantastic Four and really reconjure the magic of the songs and the choreography from the group at the top of their game. If you like the Fantastic Four, I have a hunch you too will love to see these performances of songs such as Everything Is Alright, The Whole World is A Stage, I Love You Madly, and I've Got To Have You. They really capture it all for me.Full orchestra, real instruments as well. I hope you enjoy it.

By the way, the guys do have genuine connections with the original group through Ralph Pruitt.......

from the website..http://yourcomingsite.com/millmovement/fantastic-four/
    THE NEW FANTASTIC FOUR, was hand selected by, at the time, sole surviving member brother Ralph Pruitt. Ralph Pruitt before his passing trained these artists, who were of a grand background of their own, to sing his favorites as if re-birthing his legacy. Their task, to bring the name of his group to it’s well deserved place in the Hall Of Fame and Lifetime Achievement Awards. The group is well prepared and on a grand road to accomplishing the task deemed them.

Welcome to the era of “THE NEW FANTASTIC FOUR”

THE NEW FANTASTIC FOUR consists of the following membership…

RAY WARD
    Lead Singer, Percussion Vocalist

For over 30 years, Ray Ward has been a sought-after vocalist and percussionist. His smooth vocals have been compared to those of musical legends such as Lou Rawls and Luther Vandross. His illustrious career includes performing within groups who have opened for Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes, Teddy Pendergrass, Al Wilson, Sly & The Family Stone, and The O’Jays. Ray is an accomplished performer in jazz, pop, big-band, standards, Motown, reggae, and blues, Ray’s unique talent transcends the various musical genres.

Ray began his musical career in 1973 singing with a group by the name of “Masterpiece”. This quintet quickly gained notoriety within the Detroit area, performing all of the hits of the day. The popularity of Masterpiece led to their recording “We’re Gonna Make It” in 1974. In the 1980’s, Ray continued to perform at various venues, providing key vocals for groups such as Summer Spirit and Jazzmin, all the while performing as a solo artist for various events. In 1990, Ray began to perform the standards with “The Starlight Trio”, and in 1996, he headlined a blues band called, “Ray Ward and Bluezone”, which recorded a self-titled CD in 1999. In 2000, Ray Ward began performing with the popular jazz/blues/pop act, First Rate and, in 2005, he expanded into reggae and performed lead vocals for “The Island Guys”.

In addition to performing with “The Island Guys”, Ray’s professional bio includes experience working with some of today’s favorite Detroit artists. This list includes frequent collaborations with guitarists John E. Lawrence and Mike Moore, Penny Wells, vocalist Nikki Pierce, and keyboardist Terrence Lester. With 30 plus years professional experience, Ray entertained audiences across the metro-area several times a week. Ray maintained his musical career in tandem with a 41-year automotive industrial career with Ford and General Motors Companies. As a musical professional, he is known for his dedication to his craft and for consistently bringing his “A-game”. As an entertainer, Ray delivers an outstanding performance. No matter the audience or venue, his fun and personable style is known for entertaining audiences everywhere. Ray has accepted his task as a member of “THE NEW FANTASTIC FOUR”.

He is well ready and able to take his new group to accomplishing the task deemed them.

LEROY SEABROOKS JR

Lead Singer, Baritone, Second Tenor and Choreographer

Born and raised in Detroit, Michigan. Leroy Seabrook’s first love is [[and has always been) singing. Since the early age of nine, while singing in church, Leroy realized that his dream was to become a singer/entertainer. Like most youths that grew up in the era of Motown’s music explosion, Leroy sang with various groups. They have contributed to his success as a professional entertainer. In 1965, Leroy joined the renowned Floaters, hoping the Floaters would allow him to consistently do what he loved most.

Credited to his tenure are such talented vocal groups as Sage, Black Elements, The Dynamics, and [[from 2003 to 2006) the infamous Contours. After taking a 17 year sabbatical from music, 1975-1996, Leroy joined “N Full Effect”, which broke off in 2002. Leroy and three other members of “N Full Effect” went on to form the vocal group Upscale.

The original Upscale lineup was approached to join Sylvester Potts’ Contours. Leroy worked within this arrangement from 2003 to 2004, when he left to re-establish Upscale with two new line-up artists. In 2010, Leroy left for another opportunity… the Detroit based The New Fantastic Four.

Currently, Leroy is performing with Ralph Pruitt’s [[the last original Fantastic Four surviving member) relaunch group entitled “THE NEW FANTASTIC FOUR” as their lead singer.

He is well ready and able to take his new group to accomplishing the task deemed them.

JAMES WASHINGTON CAMBELL

Lead Singer, Second Tenor, Jazz Dancer

James Washington Campbell, aka J.W., was born September 7th, 1954. He has been singing since age 5, and he started performing at age 13. In 1968, James [[J.W.) performed as part of a five man vocal group known as the Sitations, winning the 1968 Ford Junior High School’s talent show. From 1969 to 1976, James continued to sing and pursue his passion. He sang baritone with Desired Blend quartet, who opened for local Detroit artists Cash McCall, Johnny Mae Matthew and the late Cody Black.

James served in the United States Marine Corps. After which, he attended Mercy College of Detroit and studied music theory and vocals under Professor Joel Ebersaul. James continued his performing arts studies at Mary Grove College of Detroit, where he completed beginners, intermediate and advance jazz dance under the instruction of both Mary Anne and Penny Goboddle.

In 1981, after having opened up for renown pop band Brainstorm as a single performer, James was hired by Generator’s Production Company, where he became a lead vocalist for the band Sons.

James’ inspiration stems from a host of performing artist such as: Harry Barnes, Carolyn Franklin, Sam Johnson, Belita Woods, William Lloyd Wooten, Chaka Khan, “Spinners” Bobby Smith and Bill Henderson, and Misty Love just to name a few. James has performed with other groups as well. They were Upscale, Destination Truth, and The Black Mirage Band. Presently, James performs as 2nd tenor, baritone and occasional lead vocalist for “THE NEW FANTASTIC FOUR”.

JERRY BROOKS

The New Fantastic Four
    JERRY BROOKS

Lead Singer, Song Writer, Guitar Player, 1st Tenor

Millard Brooks, aka Jerry, has been singing, writing and playing Jazz and R&B for over the past 40 years. In the 1970’s, Jerry was leader of the band “Maplewood”, which included violinist Regina Carter. Maplewood performed throughout the Detroit area including Hart Plaza, the Main Ballroom of Cobo Hall and Bowen Fieldhouse in Ypsilanti.

Since the late1980’s, Jerry has performed as a solo artist as well as lead guitarist and vocalist for the “Dreams Deferred” band. Jerry has performed at many venues throughout the Detroit area including the world famous Baker’s Keyboard Lounge” in Detroit, Michigan.

In 2008, Jerry released a solo CD titled “Follow Your Dreams”. In 2010, Jerry joined the Dtour band as their lead vocalist.
    Upon approach and discussion with Ralph Pruitt[[original Fantastic Four surviving member), Jerry accepted the position of 1st tenor and lead vocalist for “The New Fantastic Four” singing group.

Real singing and performing. Can't beat it!

Just too cool,steps to dies for by one of the greatest sixties groups ever.

Superb.

Great posting

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Just too cool,steps to dies for by one of the greatest sixties groups ever.
    They had their steps together didn't they? Looking at today's artists, you would think it is a lost art.

Don't want this thread to disappear without trace with so few visits.... I thought The Fantastic Four had a good following amongst Motown fans....

A wonderful tribute to them - James Epps was a legendary singer.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Don't want this thread to disappear without trace with so few visits.... I thought The Fantastic Four had a good following amongst Motown fans....
    Thanks for this Mike. And it led me to this from the same show, Joe Harris and Undisputed Truth with a cracking version of Smiling Faces...

Hi Soulwally, glad you clicked on the post. I have been a little disappointed at such little interest in The Fantastic Four on a Motown forum, as I thought it was a really good performance and a sound tribute to the Fantastic Four Ric Tic guys. I posted the other videos on the Undisputed Truth, Dennis Edwards and his Temptations Revue, Martha and Little James Brown and the red carpet event interviews in other separate postings. Looks like it was a superb event!!! Cheers. Mike

Nice hi-fidelity track of Fantastic Four and Monitor albums. Both examples of stunning albums by great acts which just didn't get the promotion they deserved and slipped through the cracks, yet still sound as good today as ever...........

Nice hi-fidelity track of Fantastic Four and Monitor albums. Both examples of stunning albums by great acts which just didn't get the promotion they deserved and slipped through the cracks, yet still sound as good today as ever...........
    Mike, sorry about duplicating the Truth vid, I hadn't spotted your other thread. I had seen the Dennis Edwards thread title, and was going to have a look tonight [[like in 5 minutes!!) as I'm always interested in anything involving Dennis.
    I had a mono version of the Tamla Motown FF album which I bought [[new and unplayed in a bargain bin), My pal had both these LPs, bought in a similar way.
    You're right, they're both crackers, and I'm more than happy to have the Ace FF and Monitors CDs in my collection,
    And by the way, that same pal has a monthly soul night in a local pub... and his ender is I Love You Madly...

My favorite album by the Fantastic Four was the one from 1975, "Alvin Stone....Son of A Gangster!"

I had the Got To Have Your Love LP... and never particularly warmed to it. However I dug it out earlier this year to make a digital copy - and loved the ballads. I thought the uptempo tracks didn't sound that hot though.

Soulwally, a monthly soul night in a local pub... where?

Last track side 2.......couldn't stop playing it when I got it.

Soulwally, a monthly soul night in a local pub... where?
    Burnley, Lancashire... the home of the Clarets. Phil plays the tracks from CD and his laptop. I know that's anathema to many NS types, but his policy is requests all night - and he's got thousands of tunes.

gREEN army myself. but live near London.... sadly too far to drive for a pint and some great tunes

This is fab. I love these guys.

The F4s "Lost Motown Album" is a permanent fixture in my CD player at the moment. There is such quality on that release and a heck of a lot of care taken in the original recordings. How it never got released at the time is beyond me and how tragic that those guys weren't able to realise the fruits of their labour at all. That is so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    This is fab. I love these guys.

The F4s "Lost Motown Album" is a permanent fixture in my CD player at the moment. There is such quality on that release and a heck of a lot of care taken in the original recordings. How it never got released at the time is beyond me and how tragic that those guys weren't able to realise the fruits of their labour at all. That is so sad.
    Just been listening to the F4 self-titled album again as posted with a link by Mike. There's such a lot of quality there too in the production, arrangements and singing by the four and the back-up girls. Man In Love is my cool favourite all over again.

After a lifetime of Motown, and against monster albums such as The Isley's This Old Heart Of Mine and The Four Tops Second Album, I have to say that I consider The Fantastic Four Motown album my absolute favourite. Ironic that I bought it on first release in the 60s on EMI Tamla Motown, yet it was in fact 100% Ric Tic. I found the arrangements, compositions, vocals and sonics mind blowing at the time, and find them unsurpassed to this very day. Glad to see such appreciation on this thread by friends for both the original group and for the guys performing as The New Fantastic Four.

Hmm, another new one to me... unreleased Ric Tic......
    The Fantastic Four 1969 - "I Wanna Say I Love You