[REMOVE ADS]

Thumbs up Nice Motown Renaissance Moments

I just was thinking what a nice little Motown Renaissance going on right now-Smokey Robinson's tribute at the R & R Hall of Fame with Martha Reeves, Mary Wilson & Dennis Edwards performing, Diana Ross touring and selling out the Venetian Room in Vegas, Martha Reeves touring in the UK, Scherrie Payne getting ready for a new release of Vintage Scherrie, Stevie Wonder recording a gospel cd, Mary Wilson having a top 40 Billboard Dance hit, The Supremes [[represented by Miss Wilson) receiving the International Film festival Timeless style Icon Awards, Miss Wilson performing at Simply Divas and the list goes on. Shows that good music and great artists are still viable in this time of schlock passing for music.

We are fortunate

Personally, I just thought, knowing that Kenneth Babyface Edmonds and Toni Braxton made a Motown album together, thus officialized them as Motown artists, even if at least if only for that date so far, 2014, blew my mind.

Still did not seem that long ago, Temptations' "Phoenix Rising / Ear-Resistible / Awesome", their "Stay" topping R&B Adult Contemporary, Stevie Wonder's "A Time 2 Love", peaked a top ten album on Billboard POP charts, collaboration with Prince on "So What's The Fuss".
    Last edited by Ngroove; 11-16-2015 at 03:30 AM.