[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Diana Magic

Diana Magic

I was playing Stevies "Songs In The Key Of life" cd today and it crossed my mind what a perfect song "If It's Magic would have been for Diana Ross to have recorded.
    For me it is one of the most beautiful and poignant songs ever written, and one i think she would have really put her stamp on.
    I was wondering what Stevie song other fans wish she had recorded.
    For me this song tops the list.

I would like to hear her version of It's You and other songs from Woman in Red.

I can't believe her final album will be I Love You as it looks like she isn't recording anymore. I feel she should go into a recording studio and do a Stevie Wonder collection titled "Songs In The Key of Stevie". She excels with his material and it could be a fantastic final album for her incredible career.

Diana Ross & Stevie Wonder: Good Friends

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

Diana Ross & Stevie Wonder: Good Friends
    I rediscovered Songs In The Key of Life earlier this year after not hearing it in in entirety for over twenty years. I came away with the same thoughts regarding If It's Magic AND Love's In Need Of Love Today. A CD of Diana covering Stevie could be a beautiful collection...

Dianes version of Blame it on the Sun is the best version ive ever heard and her version of too Shy to say is also a real classic beutifully sung.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Such a pretty song and a great performance by Ross.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Dianes version of Blame it on the Sun is the best version ive ever heard and her version of too Shy to say is also a real classic beutifully sung.

Roberta
    I totally agree Roberta. Diana never sounded better than she did on these wonderful Stevie songs. I also like her version of "overjoyed" from "a very special season".

Ta for posting this Job. It had me singing and bopping along. Songs In The Key Of Life is a wonderful album, containing so many truely great songs. Stevies music just seems to fit Diana's voice like a handmade glove. I can hear her voice now....If it's magic then why can't it be everlasting like the sun that always shines.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Ta for posting this Job. It had me singing and bopping along. Songs In The Key Of Life is a wonderful album, containing so many truely great songs. Stevies music just seems to fit Diana's voice like a handmade glove. I can hear her voice now....If it's magic then why can't it be everlasting like the sun that always shines.
    Stevie was untouchable in the 70's. No-one but no-one produced such a great body of work in such a short space of time. He was a creative giant and is rightly lauded as a musical genius.

Diana's performance of RIBBON IN THE SKY was one of the best moments of her Central Park concert.

One of my favorite Diana performances:

ONLY a DIVA can work a staircase in platforms without having to look down. You go, Lady Di.

Diana singing Stevie's You And I from Talking Book would be fantastic and perhaps an ideal song for them to record as a duet!

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    Diana singing Stevie's You And I from Talking Book would be fantastic and perhaps an ideal song for them to record as a duet!
    And Ribbon in the sky would be another real good choice for Miss Ross.

Roberta