[REMOVE ADS]

Thumbs up Supremes Fashion Icon Award-Mary Wilson Performs to Standing Ovation

Here is the Fashion Film Awards-The Supremes won the Timeless Icon Award. Mary Wilson was the recipient and performed as well to a standing ovation-this was around 30 minutes in:https://youtu.be/eiD_IyN5kPo

THANKS Jim !!!!

Last edited by marv2; 11-09-2015 at 03:45 PM.

Wow Mary Wilson'e performance here, was Incredible,a standing ovation,Mary is class all the way,Thanks for postin' this Marv,loved it.again Mary Wilson is Motown Royalty.
    Last edited by REDHOT; 11-09-2015 at 04:24 PM.

You're welcome and thanks to Jim for alerting us. This an incredible woman, because we know her story. Great job Mary!

The last performer, Abraham McDonald was also very good. Could we be witnessing a new star on the horizon?

My bad,Thanks Jim aka jtigre99,for sharing this,loved it.Mary Wilson is on point.

Thanks much. The crowd sure went wild for Mary. And great how she acknowledged Flo.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Thanks much. The crowd sure went wild for Mary. And great how she acknowledged Flo.
    This has been another big year for Mary Wilson. Singing and performing all over the globe. She has a lot of energy even in her 70s.

I was just thinking the same! From being center stage honoring Stevie to UK with Roberta and Dionne to having a chart record etc etc etc...her star keeps growing brighter[[not to mention her humanitarian efforts). What a great role model she is for living life to the fullest and helping others along the way!

I was just thinking the same! From being center stage honoring Stevie to UK with Roberta and Dionne to having a chart record etc etc etc...her star keeps growing brighter[[not to mention her humanitarian efforts). What a great role model she is for living life to the fullest and helping others along the way!
    Don't forget her solo tour of Australia!

I am hoping more clips from this weekend's Tribute to Smokey turn up. I want to hear Mary do "Floy Joy" and " Ooh Baby, Baby".

Nice post Luke! Just to add to your comments, Mary always seems to have the support of friends in the business and her fellow Motowners. I didn't know until recently that Mary and Martha are pretty tight. Maybe they should write a book together!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Nice post Luke! Just to add to your comments, Mary always seems to have the support of friends in the business and her fellow Motowners. I didn't know until recently that Mary and Martha are pretty tight. Maybe they should write a book together!
    They've been buddies for something like 54 years. Did you hear the Sandra Bernhardt interview? She's from Flint. Mary and Aretha's sister Carolyn were in a singing group together before the Primettes.

Hey Luke,you're on point again,i must say,this has been a good year for Mary Wilson,it's just getting better,for her,because shes The Best.

Exact time on Mary's introduction & performance is 35:49.

"What becomes a legend most?" A few shots from the award ceremonies.....

Attachment 10667

Attachment 10668

Attachment 10669

Attachment 10670

Attachment 10671

Thank you Jim and Marv for your ongoing support of Mary Wilson. Thanks to you, I was able to enjoy her rousing versions of "You Can't Hurry Love" and "I Am Changing." Like a fine vintage wine, Miss Wilson has mellowed marvellously and is an entertainer well worth seeking out. Name:  Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 7.20.41 PM.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  69.9 KBName:  Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 7.21.32 PM.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  55.8 KB

Fantastic. Thanks. At the rate Mary is going I wouldn't be surprised to see her singing at the Oscars!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    They've been buddies for something like 54 years. Did you hear the Sandra Bernhardt interview? She's from Flint. Mary and Aretha's sister Carolyn were in a singing group together before the Primettes.
    Yes the Sandra interview was nice. Can you provide any info on the Mary/Carolyn group? Very interesting! I really liked the Martha/Mary interview - and yes there were interesting comments by Martha. Water under the bridge I am sure. Martha is doing fine and has a full time job satisfying her fans in Europe. Two fantastic and successful ladies.

Fantastic. Thanks. At the rate Mary is going I wouldn't be surprised to see her singing at the Oscars!
    Definitely at the Presidential Inauguration.