[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by greg jones View Post
    Ok, well Andy posted there's a 2nd release the following week on the 4th that fans will be happy about. Then he also posted Christmas pix of the Supremes. So my guesses are these:

An upgraded expanded edition on Merry Christmas

or

The Disney Classics
    Either of those would be good, but are there unreleased Christmas songs by the Supremes?
    Last edited by calvin; 11-18-2015 at 04:29 PM.

Andy said on one of the Nightflight interviews that they did find a couple of things after the last one in 2001. Plus i'm not sure how much different the mono mixes were and those have never come out.

Let me just say that I would NOT be happy if I have to buy that Christmas album one more time! I'm hoping for something else [[just not sure what!).

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    Let me just say that I would NOT be happy if I have to buy that Christmas album one more time! I'm hoping for something else [[just not sure what!).
    I would not be surprised if they are now on a kick attaching digital releases to events - i.e. The New Wiz, Christmas!

They'll come up with a couple of new songs and add on O Holy Night and Silent Night by Flo to fluff it up a little bit. And probably give us a good booklet, leaving out the detail of who is singing behind Diana most of the time ~ knowing that will sting some fans and not wanting alienate anyone else!

The photo might just be for this time of year... December 4 seems a bit late in the season to release a Christmas album.
    Last edited by calvin; 11-19-2015 at 01:23 AM.

But you won't have to leave your home to buy it!

ARGH! Of course I want and love surprises but I really want A-GO-GO!!!!

Where do you see this message from Andy, can someone please provide a link? I don't see it on the "Diana Ross &The Supremes: Expanded Editions" facebook page. Maybe the new release is not from The Supremes or Diana Ross? Perhaps another artist, or a various artists compilation? As berry101 mentioned in another thread, perhaps Andy is referring to the release date for "Motown Unreleased 1965"?

Quote Originally Posted by calvin View Post
    Where do you see this message from Andy, can someone please provide a link? I don't see it on the "Diana Ross &The Supremes: Expanded Editions" facebook page. Maybe the new release is not from The Supremes or Diana Ross? Perhaps another artist, or a various artists compilation? As berry101 mentioned in another thread, perhaps Andy is referring to the release date for "Motown Unreleased 1965"?
    It is on Andrew's own Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/andy.skurow?fref=ts

Thanks Jaap. I can see the posts on The Supremes Expanded Editions facebook page, but not here. I guess one has to be on facebook, maybe a "friend" of Andy or something, to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by calvin View Post
    Yes It's on Andys Facebook Page.

It's just going to be 'Merry Christmas' - again! With extras!

Likely. A while back they changed the Facebook picture to one from Merry Christmas.

Yes it is disappointing that Motown/Universal seems to be avoiding issuing physical hard copies of recent Supremes releases, yet going out full hog this month on a 2 and 3 CD set of John Coltrane's "A Love Supreme" complete sessions, as well as a compilation entitled "We Love Disney" which is a collection of songs recorded by a wide range of artists though no Supremes sessions that I could ascertain in the pre-release information. Kinds of stings, doesn't it?
    Last edited by Mark Desjardines; 11-22-2015 at 10:27 PM.

I was 99.9% sure it was an expanded Merry Christmas on Thanksgiving when i noticed that iTunes deleted the previous expanded and only had the original 65 stereo version. Also it hit me when we heard about the Wiz songs release that this year was the 50th for Merry Christmas.

Let's just hope now that it will be the 50th Anniversary of A Go Go in 2016 that the Expanded Edition of that will finally come to fruition.

Yep, its official...Merry Christmas Expanded Edition is for sale on Itunes UK...

Yep, I figured as much...since Merry Christmas is listed as the very last DRATS-oriented expanded edition in the Sings Songs from "The Wiz"​ digital booklet. Hope it contains some real rarities.