[REMOVE ADS]

ENTERTAINMENT
    DIANA ROSS REMINDS US THAT SOME MEMORIES NEVER FADE
    BY STEVE BORNFELD
    OCTOBER 30, 2015
    Do you know where you’re going to? Yes—your show.

… So won’t you hurry, c’mon boy and see about me. Still at the buffet—too many great desserts—but I’m on my way. …

Ain’t no mountain high enough, ain’t no valley low enough, ain’t no river wide enough, to keep me from getting to you, babe. Wow, the GPS on your tour bus took you the long way around.

… I’m coming out. I want the world to know, got to let it show. That’s what I assumed when I purchased the ticket. Otherwise, I’ll have to chat with the doofus next to me playing with that gift-shop pen with the holographic lady whose clothes vanish when he jiggles it. …

I’ve got the sweetest hangover I don’t want to get over. You should before showtime. Here, have some flasks from my mobile Hair of the Dog kit. …Baby love, my baby love, been missin’ ya, miss kissin’ ya. Shhh, don’t tell my girlfriend, but [[giggle, giggle) me, too! Nobody knew about us back then. … Hey, wasn’t it me who said that nothing good’s gonna last forever, and wasn’t it me who said let’s just be glad for the time together? Yes, it was a madcap affair until Berry Gordy Jr. told me there were plenty of bodyguards high enough, low enough and wide enough to keep me from you. But we’ve both moved on, right? …

Upside down, boy you turn me inside out and round and round. Really? Still? I’m flattered, but are you sure it’s not just an attack of vertigo? … I need love now more than before, I can hardly carry on anymore. My world is empty without you, babe—without you, babe. Whoa, what happened to nothing good’s gonna last forever, and let’s just be glad for the time together? …

Set me free why don’t you baby? Get out my life, why don’t you, baby? ‘Cause you don’t really love me, you just keep me hangin’ on. I just came to see the show and revel in your talents, not have a retroactive breakup scene. … Why do you keep a-comin’ around, playing with my heart? Why don’t you get out of my life and let me make a new start? If you feel that strongly, I’ll go. [[Excuse me, sir, I just need to get by you—oops, didn’t mean to make you drop your pen and put the girl’s clothes on). …

Stop! In the name of love, before you break my heart! What? Do you realize you’re giving my heart whiplash? What are you really trying to say? … Two hearts, two hearts that beat as one. Our lives have just begun. You’re saying we have an endless love? That worked out better for you and Lionel Richie than you and me. How about we just agree to be the best of BFFs? …

I’ll let you go though I know it won’t be easy, because it’s my turn to turn and say good-bye, I sure would like to know that you’re still on my side. Always, my darling. Now get out there onstage and shows us—yet again—why you are the ultimate symbol of Pop Supremacy.

Ladies and Gentlemen: Miss Diana Ross!