[REMOVE ADS]

Gordon Keith's Steel Town Records-Untold Story Of The Jackson 5 Docu Movie

Here is a great documentary on the beginnings of the Jackson Five:

That was a great documentary. Gordon Keith definitely don't get his respect. He's barely hinted at in the Jacksons biopic. He's the Milton Jenkins of the Jackson 5.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    That was a great documentary. Gordon Keith definitely don't get his respect. He's barely hinted at in the Jacksons biopic. He's the Milton Jenkins of the Jackson 5.

Great observation and most appropriate comparison!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Great observation and most appropriate comparison!
    Yeah, it's like when they go over the stories, both of them are just seen as "oh they were there but they're not *[[cue horns and bright lights) MOTOWN*". You know?

It's like the O'Jays are not ashamed to talk about their early beginnings, they don't say "well Gamble and Huff saw us and the rest is history". The Temptations, of course, never was like "when Berry Gordy saw us blah blah blah" because unlike the Supremes, they came off of two groups. Of course I wished Johnnie Mae Matthews was giving more respect in the Temptations' biopic than she did. Like really, besides the casual Tempts/Motown fan, was anyone gonna really believe Johnnie Mae was sitting in some broke down apartment looking at the Tempts on Ed Sullivan or whatever show they were reenacting while performing "My Girl"?

This is why many artists' full stories are never told because most just skip from the very beginning and go into the immediate success. Michael Jackson's career didn't start in 1969, it started, really, in 1967 and they were well known in the Midwest states [[mainly the Chicago metropolitan area), thanks to Gordon Keith pushing them and steering them and their own cousins helping to sell their records, as they pointed out in this documentary.

I can't fault MJ for forgetting some stuff because he was nine, but Jackie, Tito or Jermaine, especially Jackie and Tito, could've expounded more on their pre-Motown history but they seem to have bought the Motown PR hook line and sinker. All five Jackson boys would credit Gladys [[and to a lesser extent Bobby Taylor, though Taylor was the one who eventually helped sign them to Motown and was the ghost writer/producer of their first four albums and only credited for one - the debut) but Gordon Keith is like "oh he's that guy that signed us to some little label in Gary" though the Jackson 5's success began in Chicago, mainly Chicago and East Chicago, IN.

I’m Kenneth Joseph of Pretty Boy Films Inc who created the Gordon Keith Untold Stories Of The Jackson Five. There is more to come. I’m sending more untold stories about Michael & his brothers during the time of Steel Town Records back then

I only know what I know & beyond because Gordon Keith shared it with me. This is a huge story involving Gordon Keith & I’m going to educate the world of what occurred

Quote Originally Posted by prettyken45 View Post
    I’m Kenneth Joseph of Pretty Boy Films Inc who created the Gordon Keith Untold Stories Of The Jackson Five. There is more to come. I’m sending more untold stories about Michael & his brothers during the time of Steel Town Records back then
    Oh that is excellent and very nice to meet you Ken! Thanks and welcome to SDF!

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Yeah, it's like when they go over the stories, both of them are just seen as "oh they were there but they're not *[[cue horns and bright lights) MOTOWN*". You know?

It's like the O'Jays are not ashamed to talk about their early beginnings, they don't say "well Gamble and Huff saw us and the rest is history". The Temptations, of course, never was like "when Berry Gordy saw us blah blah blah" because unlike the Supremes, they came off of two groups. Of course I wished Johnnie Mae Matthews was giving more respect in the Temptations' biopic than she did. Like really, besides the casual Tempts/Motown fan, was anyone gonna really believe Johnnie Mae was sitting in some broke down apartment looking at the Tempts on Ed Sullivan or whatever show they were reenacting while performing "My Girl"?

This is why many artists' full stories are never told because most just skip from the very beginning and go into the immediate success. Michael Jackson's career didn't start in 1969, it started, really, in 1967 and they were well known in the Midwest states [[mainly the Chicago metropolitan area), thanks to Gordon Keith pushing them and steering them and their own cousins helping to sell their records, as they pointed out in this documentary.

I can't fault MJ for forgetting some stuff because he was nine, but Jackie, Tito or Jermaine, especially Jackie and Tito, could've expounded more on their pre-Motown history but they seem to have bought the Motown PR hook line and sinker. All five Jackson boys would credit Gladys [[and to a lesser extent Bobby Taylor, though Taylor was the one who eventually helped sign them to Motown and was the ghost writer/producer of their first four albums and only credited for one - the debut) but Gordon Keith is like "oh he's that guy that signed us to some little label in Gary" though the Jackson 5's success began in Chicago, mainly Chicago and East Chicago, IN.
    Good to see midnightman was still an excellent poster in 2015, heehee

Interesting stuff. I guess because Michael was still so young at Motown a career before Motown is not considered by people, if ya know what I mean

And welcome Ken!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 03-22-2018 at 07:41 PM.

Lol I try.
    Last edited by midnightman; 03-23-2018 at 12:03 AM.

Thanks Marv for posting this video. Although it was fairly long, I did learn things about the Steeltown Records and the Pre-Motown Jackson Five. It was worth listening to. I was unaware that Gordon Keith was still alive.

I'm more interested in Michael and nem's cousins exposing, what's his name [[Ben Brown), stealing from Gordon Keith and still trying to claim he discovered them. Lemme find it, that was probably my favorite video of prettyken's channel.

I fast forward it because Gordon said some BS about MJ's "other lifestyle" or whatever [[I think he talking crazy there lol)
    Last edited by midnightman; 03-24-2018 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Thanks Marv for posting this video. Although it was fairly long, I did learn things about the Steeltown Records and the Pre-Motown Jackson Five. It was worth listening to. I was unaware that Gordon Keith was still alive.
    You are very welcome Woodward. I thought it was an excellent documentary.