[REMOVE ADS]

The supremes backing vocals & track mix 1

The Supremes and their expert harmonies..Some from over 50 years ago now. Check them out:

The three of them had superb harmonies; I just watched Xscape[[sp?) on unsung and they talked about their "harmonies" and IMHO their harmonies were horrific

This is why they were the "Supremes". Thx Marv

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    This is why they were the "Supremes". Thx Marv
    You're welcome Luke. People forget just how great the original Supremes were at creating nearly perfect harmonies each time they sang and before Motown screwed things all up.

Exactly. Mary was the anchor and Flo and Diana blended perfectly. You can hear why Flos mic was moved back thought she wasn't shrill at all.

I agree with you. The kicker for me is when someone stated that Xscape version of Who Can I Run To was better than the Jones Girls [[not by a long shot) The Jones Girls harmonies [[real harmonies) are on point. Shirley is great on the lead.
    When each set of Supremes harmonies are balanced, it is a wonderful blend.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Exactly. Mary was the anchor and Flo and Diana blended perfectly. You can hear why Flos mic was moved back thought she wasn't shrill at all.
    What is so amazing is that they taught themselves to harmonize like that. Harmonies that close and tight are usually heard when the singers are related. That's what I've noticed over the years. Those girls were just meant to sing together!

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    I agree with you. The kicker for me is when someone stated that Xscape version of Who Can I Run To was better than the Jones Girls [[not by a long shot) The Jones Girls harmonies [[real harmonies) are on point. Shirley is great on the lead.
    I always felt that the Jones Girls harmonies were tighter than say the Emotions. It is a strange World because the Jones Girls should have been Worldwide superstars with the talent that was packed in that group! Can somebody say "Nights Over Egypt"? Whew!

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    Diane Ross gave the Jones Girls there first big break and Shirley jones is still singing. Sadly Valerie Jones was called home to Heaven in 2001.

https://www.sonicbids.com/band/thejonesgirls/

Fondly,

Roberta