[REMOVE ADS]

If i were a carpenter-the four tops

If you close your eyes and use your imagination you can almost imagine a ball in the[1700's]with the powdered wigs and the painted ladies dancing to this sound,very different one from levi and the fellas....minuette anyone?

I remember playing on this record. I had forgotten how many hits The Four Tops had until I had to read their charts and back them up on their 50th Anniversary TV show. What a great group!

Quote Originally Posted by dennis_coffey View Post
    I remember playing on this record. I had forgotten how many hits The Four Tops had until I had to read their charts and back them up on their 50th Anniversary TV show. What a great group!
    Yes indeed, one of the very greatest, and it's so nice to have these new threads about them. I saw them on stage twice, around the early '70s, and they were fantastic. Here's a beautiful photo of them in their prime. Young, bright-eyed, and so squeaky-clean you can almost smell the aftershave and hair dressing. All spruced up and ready to go on stage and wow the crowds.

Class personified, indeed!!

This was a great recording. It showed the Four Tops versatility, their ability to sing anything was just superior to other acts.