[REMOVE ADS]

Really Sayin' Something

I am delighted to inform SDF folk that my book will be available VERY soon [[before Christmas, I'm told), and can now be pre-ordered at
    http://www.bankhousebooks.com/books/...ng-titles.html

As the blurb says, this tome traces the musical 'life' of a London-born R&B/soul fan growing up as a teenager in the early 1960s and discovering many aspects of the music over the past 50 [[!!) years- as a fan, fanzine editor, radio presenter and, most recently, A&R head of Shout! Records.

I hope some of you might be interested in this - thanks for bearing with this shameless bit of self-promotion, and thanks to SDF member BankHouseDave for making this dream a reality.

Clive R

My pleasure, Clive. I'm hoping to be able to OK the proof copy in the next couple of days.

DAVE

Proof now approved by Dave, so now available to all!
    It might be an interesting read for US-based SDF members to find out how we Brits managed to discover soul music in the decades before browsing through a list of sites revealed by Google made it so easy!!!

Recollections of the Motown Revue in London, first UK visits by Otis Redding, James Brown, record-collecting in the 60's, fanzines, soul radio...and much more!!!

http://www.groovesvilleusa.com/blog/ - with thanks to Keith Rylatt

As a former subscriber to your Shout! magazine all those years ago, and an admirer of what you did then when soul music really was underground music, I'm looking forward to your book. I've never run a fanzine, or a record label [[or been a Charlton Athletic fan), but I'm sure much of what you write will resonate with me [[despite me being a Northerner!).

Sounds like a must-read, Clive!!

Best,

Mark

I look forward to reading it