[REMOVE ADS]

I wished it were possible for me to be there. I've seen just everyone except my Thelma!

I'v seen Thelma Houston stage show,a few times,she puts on a great show,i think shes better live,Mis Houston knows how to work a stage,and very entertaining,Thelma Houston is The Best.

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    I'v seen Thelma Houston stage show,a few times,she puts on a great show,i think shes better live,Mis Houston knows how to work a stage,and very entertaining,Thelma Houston is The Best.
    I was lucky enough to see her live many years ago and she was fabulous. I would love to see her again. Great performer.

It aways seemed a shame to me that in her nine years under contract to Motown Thelma only significantly charted one song — albeit a monster which remains a club classic. She deserved better.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    It aways seemed a shame to me that in her nine years under contract to Motown Thelma only significantly charted one song — albeit a monster which remains a club classic. She deserved better.
    Yes she did. I can never understand why Motown never followed up "dlmtw". very short sighted of them.

I saw Miss Houston in London at the tail end of 2009 [[was it really six years ago!) when she appeared as part of the "Ladies of Motown" review, sharing the bill with Brenda Holloway, Mabel John, Chris Clark and Sherrie and Susaye's "Supremes" act.

All the acts were great and Thelma's voice was as strong as ever.

Roger

Wow - right up my street but shame I can't get over there. I would love to see Thelma perform some of her Motown songs - other than the obvious. I'd especially like to see "No One's Gonna Be A Fool Forever" live again. However, the show looks like it will be her Motown disco stuff plus songs from other artists. Nevertheless - please bring it to the UK Thelma!

Name:  Thelma Houston [[35) Low-res.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  27.3 KB

The show consists of the telling the story of her career. From her Capitol days, to her Jimmy Webb Project, to her signing with Motown. She strolls through the journey of her life and music. She does a lot of Motown covers by other artists as a tribute to the Sound of Motown. I saw this show about a year ago but I'm sure it's gotten tighter and stronger. It was directed by Iona Morrison a great actress in her own right. I heard that the L.A. Motown family is coming out to support her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Yes she did. I can never understand why Motown never followed up "dlmtw". very short sighted of them.
    Especially after she won a Grammy Award for it. It was a Motown recording at that!

From the film "Looking for Mr. Goodbar" the song "Don't Leave Me This Way " Ms. Thelma Houston. [[1976-77)

Last edited by marv2; 10-22-2015 at 01:07 AM.

I bet some of you forgot about this jam from Thelma in 1984........."You Used To Hold Me So Tight".

Thelma in 1969 and a great cover of "Jumpin' Jack Flash":

Winter 1978 brought us a lot of snow and Thelma Houston's "I'm Here Again"!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I bet some of you forgot about this jam from Thelma in 1984........."You Used To Hold Me So Tight".

Marv, get outta my head, man!!! I was just watching her do this on "Soul Train" this weekend!!! Stone jam!!!

Two of my favorite Thelma LP's are not Motown recordings. Qualifying Heat and Throw You Down are just fantastic. When I was a performer, I would always dance around to Throw You Down as a warmup. It really gets you pumping! I was gonna post a video but I can only find the remixes on Youtube and the album version is what I'm in love with!

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Marv, get outta my head, man!!! I was just watching her do this on "Soul Train" this weekend!!! Stone jam!!!
    Hey Sansradio, sorry. I just recognize great music when I hear it! LOL!